• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micros and Macros on a Daily Basis

Fred13

Hello,

I would like to know If dosing macros and micros at the same time may cloud the water.
I dose Aqua Rebell NPK, Aqua Rebell Nitrogen and Easy LIfe Profito daily.

There are plenty of tannins and hazeness at the moment.
However, doing my investigation I found out that dosing both on the same say may lead to cloudy water. However, most if not all the premixed fertilizers these days use several chelators.

I am not telling that my cloudy water is surely because of that (a small bacteria bloom may be present) but I would like to know if it would be beneficial to alternate the dosing days or whatever :)

Thank you,
Fred

Idk what type of ferrous easylife uses but when i was using seachem iron, which is glucinate, it was clouding my water. When i switched to dpta iron it stopped doing so.

You may do the test by not dosing your iron for a day or 2 and see if you still get the clouding.

Hello,

I would like to know If dosing macros and micros at the same time may cloud the water.
I dose Aqua Rebell NPK, Aqua Rebell Nitrogen and Easy LIfe Profito daily.

There are plenty of tannins and hazeness at the moment.
However, doing my investigation I found out that dosing both on the same say may lead to cloudy water. However, most if not all the premixed fertilizers these days use several chelators.

I am not telling that my cloudy water is surely because of that (a small bacteria bloom may be present) but I would like to know if it would be beneficial to alternate the dosing days or whatever :)

Thank you,
Fred

You can dose them on the same day, that’s fine, but it’s probably best to leave half and hour or more between macro and micro dosing to minimise any precipitation between the iron and phosphate.

Hello , yes among several chelators it uses DTPA.

If I may double the doses of both and dose on alternate days?

E.g. Monday double dose profito, Tuesday double dose NPK, Wednesday double dose profito and so on.

How is that sound ?

Hello,

So I far as I can understand, there is no problem dosing macros and micros on the same day. I would like to mention however that despite easylife profito uses strong chelators, the manufacturer suggested to me not dosing the same day because as he mentions " there is always free iron in the water column".
Anyway, I believe there is no problem dosing at the same day. Doing my research I found out that most of hobbyists do this that way.

Back