• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microsorium pteropus narrow growth rate

cozmoz

Hi guys,

I bought some Microsorium pteropus narrow near the end of May and am wondering how long it will take to grow out or if I have bought a short variety by accident. Sorry for the silly question.

Please find pics below:

i8uruiijq00nkvd6g.jpg

df106sv0p10566s6g.jpg

What I'm hoping it grows into:

http://www.mossmania.ru/plants/Microsorum pteropus Narrow Leaf/Microsorum_pteropus_Narrow_Leaf.jpg

Many thanks,

Costa

Last edited:
The "what I'm hoping for" pic. is not the standard Mic. 'narrow' !!
There are several rather different varieties of Microsorum pteropus, sold as Mic. 'narrow'.........
The consensus seem to be, that there are 3 different "main types", named as follows:
- Mic. 'needle leaf' - has very,very skinny, and rather long leaves. Doesn't grow well emersed, but quite well immerse. Leaves darker than others.
- Mic. 'Taiwan' - has skinny, long leaves. Grow well emerse and immerse................that is your "hope" plant !!!!!
- Mic. 'narrow' - has broader leaves than the others, and shorter. Usually most horisontal leaves. Grow well emerse and immerse. This is the one produced by Tropica.
There are more varieties sold as 'narrow' - some very short leaved - but these are the 3 most common.

Looks like it should still get relatively long leaves, just more similar to the regular kind then the rest.

Back