• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microsorum narrow

jay

Well mine is really coming along nicely, lovely pearling.
But I'm just wondering what to do with the new shoots.
All on the leaves, the buds grow roots and tiny leaves, I just scrape them off with a nail but i'm wondering, what would be the best way to use them?

They're so small!!

If you leave them on there, theyll get pretty big pretty fast, then usually the plant detatches them and they float away.

If you like you can leave them on there till they get an inch or 2, then take them off manually and wedge them between a few stones to get bigger :) you could always share them out on the wanted section :)

1. You can leave them on the leaf until they are big enough to attach to wood /rock.

2. You can remove the old leaf with plantlets attached and attach the leaf to wood / rock and the plantlets will attach them selves in due course.

However if you are wanting a helthy clean looking java fern it is best to remove all leaves that start showing blasck spots / growth of plantlets. This will promote new growth from the rhizone.

Hope this helps :)

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
If you leave them on there, theyll get pretty big pretty fast, then usually the plant detatches them and they float away.

If you like you can leave them on there till they get an inch or 2, then take them off manually and wedge them between a few stones to get bigger :) you could always share them out on the wanted section :)

Well I am going to let it all grow out wild a bit for a while so I think I'll just leave them on to grow a bit.
Could always use more of the expensive stuff... Could be a gentleman and give it for swapsies :D

Thanks for the advice guys.

Back