• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microsorum trident melt

AndreiD

Hello , anyone knows whats happening to my microsorum trident ? Rest of the plants are growing ok .

Looks like necrosis to me and seems to be present on more leaves . I haven't changed anything in the tank .

First time i saw this "necrosis" i cut all the leaves and now after one week after 3 days after water changer seems that this "necrosis" is back.

I'm dosing KNO3 15ppm 3 times per week , KH2PO4 2.5 ppm 3 times per week , MgSo4 1 ppm 3 times per week and Micros 0.3 level Fe ppm 3 times per week

Light is 2 x 24 w and for filtration i use Eheim 2071 , tank is 1 year old .

I grow microsorum more than 3 years but never seen this .

It's not excell burn and co2 its rich .

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 388
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 190
Well I'm new to hobby read lots so probably wrong.

My take would be something has change slightly and you tank has been on a knifes edge for some time.

Flow ( insuffinet that is) does seem to be the root cause of many of planet growth issues.

So maybe ( it's a noobie guess- stab in the dark) your filter just needs a clean which should give better flow/turnover.

Hope you don't mine me putting my 2 cents in. I'm sure I will be corrected very soon.

Zeus

This tank is 64 liters , it's 1 year old, light is 17 cm away from the top of the tank , i dose Mg but no Ca , my Kh is 5 , this is second tank with microsorum so basically 3rd year now growing microsorum , but i haven't seen this till now .

I saw one post on TPT forum about this microsorum melt but i don't believe its Mg / Ca issue

I dose Excell 1 ml each day , but will stop and check if this helps , but i doubt it

Short journal here http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/60-cm-no-name.39641/#post-459744

All other plants are fine , MC , stauro , 2 types of rotala , anubias , buce and pinnatifida

Thanks

Hi all,
now after one week after 3 days after water changer seems that this "necrosis" is back
Is it close to the light? Might be getting too much
I think it might be light, but in a special circumstance. You can get that effect if the leaf has been exposed to the light, while out of the water, during the water change.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, I think it might be light, but in a special circumstance. You can get that effect if the leaf has been exposed to the light, while out of the water, during the water change.

cheers Darrel

Might be that if the plant is exposed to high light during water change when the plant is out of the water , but i spray the plants during water change , i'll be more attentive with this .

Thanks

Back