• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microsorum Windelov

Peter F

Has anyone had experience or know why Microsorum Windelov leaf tips go brown in colour and seem to die back before new growth appears, on some of the plant leaves?
I would like to know if the brown marks could be a result alage growth, a natural phenomena or lack of nutrients?
I have also noticed shaded parts of Windelov plants do not seem to be affected as much.

Regards: Peter

Sounds to me like your leaf tips that are browning are basically being over-exposed to light in your tank. This is a common problem with any of the Microsorum's. It certainly explains why your shaded leaves arent affected. Either lower your light, or if you can't do this due to other plants needing it i suggest you try shading the rest of your Microsorum.

Hope this helps, James :)

I have it under light directely, so really intense exposition. At the begining I was using some floating plants confined over it to shade light. Now, I have it exposed directly to simplify my life. It grows rather fast for a fern and makes tons of oxygen bubbles. You'll need good CO2 nutrients though to keep it green under these conditions. Shading it is the solution if you can't go for optimizing CO2/nutrients

Back