• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

mignon HOB filter making noise

I was always lead to believe they're hella noisy. The one I had, though not a migon, never proved people wrong.

Mine was silent... once I took the top off. Putting it on caused a rattle which I hated. In the end I wrapped some padded tape around the outside edge, which seems to have solved the problem.

Mine definately is quieter when the top's off.

what is padded tape?

What do you mean by the outside edge? Do you mean the whole of the outside of it?

Thanks for your help!

hellohefalump said:
Mine definately is quieter when the top's off.

what is padded tape?

What do you mean by the outside edge? Do you mean the whole of the outside of it?

Thanks for your help!
No, just where the top meets the filter casing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 60ffeac07a

Foam tape, single sided. I originally bought it because my little boy would accidentally slam the fish tank cupboard doors, making all fish and shrimp jump a mile :lol: Works great :)

Padded tape came in the post but didn't work! I'll use it for crafty things though.

However, the noise has gone overnight. I think there must have been some air trapped in the pump, which has now dispersed. It is SILENT now! I'm really pleased :)

Back