• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Milky Water

geaves

:? The title says it all really as it's the only way to describe it....I did a major water change on Saturday due to plant changes, removed some and added some new, after the water change added the usual 2ml of TNC.

Sunday morning water was crystal clear, added 2ml TNC again as normal and it was fine when I went to bed. Monday morning water appears 'milky'. I've seen this before and usually a water change puts it right, but it will return again within 48 hours and then I'm back to doing a water change every couple of days.

Alastair said:
Sounds very much like a bacterial bloom. It used to shows its face when I did alot of shifting, pulling out and replacing etc. I found just leaving it until my normal weekly water change it would go on its own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat me too it

Thanks guys, will leave then until the next water change....fish seem Ok....particularly the new residents.

Hi, id agree with the bacterial bloom theory. I suffered it in my set up, could take a few weeks, or months to go naturally.... i got purigen, cleared it up!

Back