• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mind Blown.. HELP

Gavin3171

Evening everyone,
Ive been doing tons of reading on here, and come to the conclusion i still dont know the answer to my question.
Ive been dosing the seachem flourish range since i started my tank and cant really see any form of big growth. The schedule i got from seachems site is for a 7 day cycle of adding millilitres of certain bottles per day which has become very tedious at times.
So i decided to switch over to TNC complete which states a certain dose per 10L of water PER WEEK... once a week 🤯

My question is, for a 60L tank, should i only be dosing 6ml a week? Or break it up to 1ml a day? Should i be adding anything else to the tank like extras from the seachem range to really boost the growth?

Some info about my tank

•57L fluval flex (standard light + more LED lights under the lid to boost the output)
•Co2 injected (co2 art regulator).
•Plants: cryptocoryne wendtii green, microsorum trident, helanthium tenellum green, AR pink.

Thanks in advance!
Gav

3DC0FD26-E0BF-4BFC-A985-5811B98E8F56.jpeg

As @Krisps21 points out you can dose daily, 1ml per day or 6ml per week, I favour daily myself but weekly should be fine for low tech tank also, with you having an inert substrate which can be challenging for some plants to grow in esp when the tank is newly setup some root tab fertilisers would be helpful also

Thanks for the prompt replies. Forgot to add flourish root tabs are in the sand too. Which ive added too twice now since the tanks been running (running since march 2021)

should TNC complete cover all bases at only the 1ml per day?

i Would suggest doubling or even tripling the recommended dosage of complete. I’ve been using this since I started last year and this was the advice I received

i Would suggest doubling or even tripling the recommended dosage of complete. I’ve been using this since I started last year and this was the advice I received
Missed that :oops: so I agree with @Raws69 and many recommend a double - triple dose which works out at x6 standard dose so basically the standard weekly dose dosed six times a week

Provided i do a large water change weekly im guessing? Currently doing around 20/25% every sunday with no ferts on water change day

Evening everyone, Furthermore to this. Should/could I continue to dose additional seachem flourish products to boost compounds? Like extra potassium, iron?
If the TNC complete will cover all bases, then the leftover seachem stuff will be disposed of.

hi I’ve never used anything other than tnc complete. I might be wrong, but it may depend on your water parameters if you need to top up on certain elements. But for me tnc complete does the trick

Back