• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini Christmas moss trim

Raws69

Hi

given my tree a trim as has a few bits of stag horn algae, just wondering rather than throw the moss away can it be treated outside of the tank?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 564
Could probably give it a good dose of excel. Stick it in a jar and try :)
Or stick it in several jars and try one with excel (or other glut product) and one without and see what happens
Staghorn will turn red when it dies off, and then shrimp will munch on it

Last edited:
Don’t have jars or containers, but a few food bags. Will give it a go anyway. Cheers

Hi all,
Glute, if added neat or in a strong concentration, will kill moss in my experience.
Same for me, mosses don't have the cuticle layer that higher plants have, so are much more <"prone to damage by biocides">. This is also probably the reason why Vallisneria can be damaged, it is an <"obligate aquatic"> (a hydrophyte) and doesn't have a cuticle with stomata in it, but has a permeable epidermis, through which gases and nutrients diffuse.

cheers Darrel

Hydrogen peroxide 3% will clear off algae and way safer than glute. Can do it in the tank even depending on inhabitants.

It often warned of the negative effect of oft referred as liquid carbon on vallis egeria and mosses a few years ago

Back