• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini complete tank

14crazychris

5A651F2C-6408-4790-8692-FB0071952BC0.jpeg
9DC35E78-0804-46A4-B63C-2EE2BD50312C.jpeg
0D4C195B-C0DC-4F44-90A4-AC0C9B736455.jpeg
508DC51E-9D7A-4A8C-86B9-7BF9BEAD1FFF.jpeg
0C976FA8-DB71-4D00-9385-2724B25C0653.jpeg
C14B1CAC-D148-4FCA-A683-F7DC215670FB.jpeg
E8AE966B-A33E-4073-9FA2-351B4FBA34DF.jpeg
Final full tank shot:

Title: 1.4L Crystal shrimp jungle

Dimensions: 13.5cm x 8cm x 7.5cm

CO2: No

Filtration: Sump containing filter wool, Biohome mini ultra

Heating: 7.5 watt heater controlled by an elitech thermostat with linked in cooling fans (currently not in use)

Lights: 3 Watt LED

Photo Period: 6/8 hours

Fertilisation: Profito, Fospho and nitrate

Substrate: Dennerle scalpers soil

Hardscape: Lava rock

Flora: Salvinia minima, Bucephalndra: Lamandau red, Brownie, mini needle leaf, Deep purple

Fauna: 6x Red crystal shrimp 1 Horned Nerite snail

Cheers guys, yes very brave with the CRS, water temperature is solid with my thermostat. They are fed 1/2 pellets every other day but otherwise feed naturally. I have oak leaves and Alder cones to help keep the pH low and add tannins. So far so good.
Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, How long have you had the tank running now and hows it looking? I love the fact you have some frogbit covering the top.... I struggle to keep it small enough! I am going to purchase one of these to practise "MicroScaping" and am looking for idea nano plants... Not sure i'd house any shrimp tho... :)

Amazing little tank for what they've managed to do in such a small form factor!

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris, How long have you had the tank running now and hows it looking? I love the fact you have some frogbit covering the top.... I struggle to keep it small enough! I am going to purchase one of these to practise "MicroScaping" and am looking for idea nano plants... Not sure i'd house any shrimp tho... :)

Amazing little tank for what they've managed to do in such a small form factor!

Thanks,
Chris

Hi, the top is actually coverd by Salvinia minima, frogbit was just too big. The tanks running perfectly. Everything’s doing great. The floating plants are growing like mad and I have to remove some every 4 days. All the shrimp are still alive and feeding really well. Also I get regular molts. Removed the snail as I didn’t think there was enough algae for it to survive. I added another species of bucephalandra and did a mini tank rescape. I have also added azolla, so have two species of floating plants. Have posted some pics below.
Cheers Chris

Attachments

• 5EAFBCB2-5626-4D4F-80B4-2330B14F0D94.jpeg
    5EAFBCB2-5626-4D4F-80B4-2330B14F0D94.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 224
  • FD4E1D61-9035-4B14-A2AB-8789EB8661AC.jpeg
    FD4E1D61-9035-4B14-A2AB-8789EB8661AC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 216
  • 10BE63E3-5C3A-4B9F-8EF9-B730AA7D94B4.jpeg
    10BE63E3-5C3A-4B9F-8EF9-B730AA7D94B4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 239
  • 1AA801DA-2B04-48C6-9AF8-0A4D947F804B.jpeg
    1AA801DA-2B04-48C6-9AF8-0A4D947F804B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 206
Hi, the top is actually coverd by Salvinia minima, frogbit was just too big. The tanks running perfectly. Everything’s doing great. The floating plants are growing like mad and I have to remove some every 4 days. All the shrimp are still alive and feeding really well. Also I get regular molts. Removed the snail as I didn’t think there was enough algae for it to survive. I added another species of bucephalandra and did a mini tank rescape. I have also added azolla, so have two species of floating plants. Have posted some pics below.
Cheers Chris
Thats looking amazing, and make sense that the frogbit is too big, as I have it in my 25ltr tank and find its rather large, so may look at replacing it with some minima when I do the next rescape.

I am looking at importing one of these, but its not as easy as I thought, but can order direct from them for around £50.. Sure if I looked harder it would be cheaper to find.. I know its on some Chinese sites, so may ask a couple of my friends to purchase and ship it over for me :)

Keep the updates coming :)

Thats looking amazing, and make sense that the frogbit is too big, as I have it in my 25ltr tank and find its rather large, so may look at replacing it with some minima when I do the next rescape.

I am looking at importing one of these, but its not as easy as I thought, but can order direct from them for around £50.. Sure if I looked harder it would be cheaper to find.. I know its on some Chinese sites, so may ask a couple of my friends to purchase and ship it over for me :)

Keep the updates coming :)

Thanks, yeah it’s a quality built tank, really like it. Would highly recommend them. Yeah I orderd direct from the company. It’s based in Malaysia. Delivery takes about a week and I think there’s still free international shipping. I know you can purchase it from their website, wasn’t aware of any other sellers at the moment, there’s one on eBay mind you. Their Instagram page is great and has loads of scape ideas. Their customer service is the best I have ever seen. If you message them through Facebook they respond super quickly, have had regular conversations with them.

Cheers

How's the tank coming long? Is it okay to keep the acrylic clean..?

Tanks wicked, feed the shrimp 2 pellets a day and that’s it, water change maybe twice a month. The tank had been setup nearly a month now. I have never cleaned the acrylic. Have a tiny bit of algae on one plant but will try and remove this at some point. 1/3 of the floating plants need removing every 4 days, they are growing like crazy. The shrimps are loving it and always active. The thermostat helps keep the temperature pretty rock solid. Here’s a current picture below. Monthly maintenance takes about 8 mins max.
Cheers Chris

Attachments

• 4B205503-1728-4CA2-B4C3-9AFE9AC55386.jpeg
    4B205503-1728-4CA2-B4C3-9AFE9AC55386.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 233
Tanks wicked, feed the shrimp 2 pellets a day and that’s it, water change maybe twice a month. The tank had been setup nearly a month now. I have never cleaned the acrylic. Have a tiny bit of algae on one plant but will try and remove this at some point. 1/3 of the floating plants need removing every 4 days, they are growing like crazy. The shrimps are loving it and always active. The thermostat helps keep the temperature pretty rock solid. Here’s a current picture below. Monthly maintenance takes about 8 mins max.
Cheers Chris
Thats amazing mate... Going to get one after this month once the money is replenished! Wish all tanks only took 8 minutes to complete ay?

I have been following the FB/Insta pages to see what other have done, and its great what can be achieve in such a small tank.. Its finding the smallest plants to put in there I guess is the first challenge.. although I have seen a few marine version now too! Zoa etc... very good product and must be making loads of cash for the makers!

Thats amazing mate... Going to get one after this month once the money is replenished! Wish all tanks only took 8 minutes to complete ay?

I have been following the FB/Insta pages to see what other have done, and its great what can be achieve in such a small tank.. Its finding the smallest plants to put in there I guess is the first challenge.. although I have seen a few marine version now too! Zoa etc... very good product and must be making loads of cash for the makers!

Yeah they are really cool, I’d definatly buy one again. Yeah weekley I don’t even do anything, just feed when I’m at my desk. I love bucephalandra and they are perfect for the size tank. So I have about 5 different species in there. They will grown over the lava rock along with the moss and crest a mini jungle.

Here’s a link to my YouTube channel, the tanks on here, checkout my other videos

Cheers

Yeah they are really cool, I’d definatly buy one again. Yeah weekley I don’t even do anything, just feed when I’m at my desk. I love bucephalandra and they are perfect for the size tank. So I have about 5 different species in there. They will grown over the lava rock along with the moss and crest a mini jungle.

Here’s a link to my YouTube channel, the tanks on here, checkout my other videos

Cheers

Just subscribed :) Be interested to watch it develop... from what I’ve seen of the other, to keep it algae free, you have to pack it with plants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just subscribed :) Be interested to watch it develop... from what I’ve seen of the other, to keep it algae free, you have to pack it with plants!

Thank you! Yeah the floating plants make a huge difference for sure! Help prevent any algae growing.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back