• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gill

As I have setup my Office desk now.
Just waiting on the Custom Keyboard, mouse and Desk Mat to arrive. Thought it would be a good time to set this teeny thing up again.
No Heating as never have used them in this. And room temp has been fine.
Sumped as Normal - Sponges + Bio Balls + Ceramic Rings + polishing sponge.

Used the Sand from last time.
Have not decided on the planting yet, but will have a few things in it.
Hardscape I will build this myself, from bits I find when I go to Deans.
This will house Gammarus shrimp and a pair of Heterandria Formosa, depending on when I can find some. Will also put some seed shrimp in there.

I will post pix of the hardscaping and planting etc when that starts.

I was hoping to get the new Paludarium version of this, but its still sold out.

size-jpg.jpg

sump-jpg.jpg

parts-jpg.jpg

20181111_095224-jpg.jpg

Apologies, I should have clarified. This will house the fry from then pair I will buy for the main tank. As the fry are minute will look good in scale against the planting. The fry will be easier to feed in this with BBS and guppy crumb.

Apologies, I should have clarified. This will house the fry from then pair I will buy for the main tank. As the fry are minute will look good in scale against the planting. The fry will be easier to feed in this with BBS and guppy crumb.

Ah, that makes more sense :)

I do like the idea of them, with the miniature hardscape, some tiny leafed plants like moss etc, with maybe a breeding pair of cherries.

Ah, that makes more sense :)

I do like the idea of them, with the miniature hardscape, some tiny leafed plants like moss etc, with maybe a breeding pair of cherries.
Thanks, Yeah the smaller the tank. The more of a challenge to create something that looks to scale. I want a jungle theme this time I think, so need to think about planting and what stems to use to give it a good look.

Thanks, Yeah the smaller the tank. The more of a challenge to create something that looks to scale. I want a jungle theme this time I think, so need to think about planting and what stems to use to give it a good look.

Its a challenge for sure, finding a small enough stem plant, and also one that will grow fine without CO2.

Didiplis Diandra is one that springs to mind? Maybe a few sprigs of Tripartita Mini perhaps, or a couple of small stems of Rotala Indica 'Bonsai' as a centre piece plant? The problem might be keeping them in a very thin layer of substrate.

Outside of that epiphtyes seem the obvious choice - lots of options in weird and wonderful miniature buces, some Anubias Pangolino maybe, or some Riccardia Chamedryfolia, plus most any moss ofcourse.

Its a challenge for sure, finding a small enough stem plant, and also one that will grow fine without CO2.

Didiplis Diandra is one that springs to mind? Maybe a few sprigs of Tripartita Mini perhaps, or a couple of small stems of Rotala Indica 'Bonsai' as a centre piece plant? The problem might be keeping them in a very thin layer of substrate.

Outside of that epiphtyes seem the obvious choice - lots of options in weird and wonderful miniature buces, some Anubias Pangolino maybe, or some Riccardia Chamedryfolia, plus most any moss ofcourse.
Planting wont be a problem. I use moss pads and poke the plants into them and it works fine. Or I was going to use moss mesh cover in Weeping Moss, And plant into that. Will see what I Decide

Well I just had a look, and low and behold the following is now in my basket.
Godzilla (kedagang red)
Kedagang Mini
Riccardia chamedryfolia on a mesh pad
ANUBIAS NANA PANGOLINO
and some hargrass to simulate stems etc.
Will def have a look at the bonsai rotala

Do they all come with heaters - it doesn’t mention one in that second link? Also, have you figured out a way to put the light on a timer?

No they don't all come with heaters and to be fair. Not used one in these. Temp stays quite stable around 18 ish. Nope not found a way to add a timer. Only thing I can think of is plugging the Light unit into a Smart plug with USB outlet and see if that works.

Well I just had a look, and low and behold the following is now in my basket.
Godzilla (kedagang red)
Kedagang Mini
Riccardia chamedryfolia on a mesh pad
ANUBIAS NANA PANGOLINO
and some hargrass to simulate stems etc.
Will def have a look at the bonsai rotala

Couldn't resist - I really fancy one of these for my desk at work. I went with this slightly larger one here:

They had me at ‘opiwhite’ 😂

That looks really good.

Lol I have spent so much on plants and shrimp, fish and equipment etc. Not even been looking, just buy it now and check out.
Must have 30+ orders coming. And still have the main shrimp and fish to pay for.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back