• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini Ecosystem

Picture of my son enjoying the tank.

First thing he does every morning is check everyone is ok...he has a particular soft spot for an mts lol

20190111_072323-1538x1051.jpg

It is always nice to see people taking a creative approach on their aquarium equipment, and proof that great results can be achieved without the fancy stuff. Great tank!
Thanks, i do like the fancy stuff but i also like to give the tank/lights/stand a personal touch and incorporate it into a tank. I know that in recent times, its been the norm to go for completely clean lines with tank/stand and hood/lights to not distract from the scape, but i like to treat them as part of the aquascape as a whole.

I'm thinking about adding some plants in hang on the back breeding boxes riparium style. Some big ferns. I think it would look amazing, but it feels like cheating :lol::lol::lol:???

Well guys...i went for it and am really pleased with how it turned out. I think its added a really good depth to the tank and also more of a jungle feel. Wife loves it too which is great.

Let me know what you think. Also, currently making episode 6 for the tank for my youtube channel so look out for that: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3uQXzXSPspf2LoGdtYGiHw

Ecosystem Jungle.jpg

This tank is amazing mate well done! Still keep coming back to this thread... still keep planning... at some point I'll have to convince the Mrs... pretty sure your photos & vids will help!

Back