• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini fish Dario dario / badis

yes i have kept them

they a very nice

often sold as Badis Badis

The colours are amazing, i kept them with shrimp with no problems, they can be feisty buggers and like to set up territories so makes sure you get more than two

Wouldn't mind getting some of the scarlet badis myself. looks like a pretty interesting fish to keep. I've already got the perfect tank setup in mind.... just need a little more rrom in my house for another fish tank! Any idea when I can get this from?

Got mine from trimar,

Couldn't believe how small they are. Really do need a nano tank.

Mine went into my Roma 125 and I very rarely see them.

Will definately get more in the new year for a smaller tank

http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8102

if your from Stoke on trent, it would be worth asking the guys at A-Z Aquatics or even Ripples at Bridgemere if they can get them. I am sure A-Z would be able to and they are not far. I know maidenhead aquatics can get them so if you have one local pop in and have a chat with them :thumbup:

Need to update my location. lol. I've now moved to manchester but I still travel to stoke from time to time. I've visited ripples a few times. The staff seemed to be pretty helpful.

AZ aquatic does have the biggest selection of freshwater fish in any of the local fish shop that i've seen. Will try there. Cheers.

Hi all,
I like them they think they are little cichlids. I think for long term success you need to feed them live food, as they may be slow/won't adapt to flake, I haven't kept them, but a friend had them and he came and got grindal/micro worm culture, and this apparently has made all the difference.

If you keep them like Sparkling Gouramis (Trichopsis pumila) or small Killis (Epiplatys annulatus), in very clean water, a very weedy tank with lots of cover and "periphyton" (for those who don't like to call it algae), they may spawn and become self maintaining.

cheers Darrel

I had badis badis, which got no bigger than 1.5 inches. The male was black and red vertical stripes on body (most of the time, as it changed pattern like a chameleon) and blue dorsal fin. Female was slightly bigger with brownish stripes. Lovely fish, had some personality. They took frozen food fine. I read somewhere live food was better, and might induce spawning. I kept them in a low tech planted tank and saw them all the time.

Back