Mini landscape rocks

Discussion in 'Aqua Essentials' started by jay, 12 Nov 2008.

1. jay

jay Member

What I have been wondering, are the rocks classed as mini landscape actually the " Seiryu-Seki Stone" from ADA?
    Also, what are the largest pieces you have? Although I'm only after pieces that are darker, with grooved detail and white veining. (annoyingly specific, I know) :rolleyes:
    It's just I've noticed that some look quite plain and almost as if they've had concrete dappled on the surface.

I'm after large pieces around 7-9 inches long and 4-6inches wide. How much would something like this weigh?

Thanks.

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

thats correct. i think the japs keep the real good stuf. just look in amanos tank and he's got some great bits. i think AE should have the size you require though. great stone to use.

3. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

AE will probably have that size, they've sent me some hefty bits in the past! I just smash 'em up though ;)

At a guess I would say it would weigh about 4kg?

4. Aqua Essentials

Aqua Essentials Sponsor Staff Member

They are Seiryu Seki Stone but not from ADA

Largest at the moment is about 9 inches long and 7inches wide- these weigh about 4kgs

They're not particularly dark but have grooved detail

5. jay

jay Member

Sweet!
    I'm not really looking for granite type dark, it's just I've got some small pieces that look really grey and seem as though they're covered in concrete :? .

If I were to specify a bit on the order, would that be alright?
    Say, 12kg. 2 large rocks (4kgs each) and couple of small?

6. Garuf

Garuf Member

Have you tried scrubbing them with a really hard brush? I did this recently on some unused rocks and was amazed at how much darker they became once the dusty top layer had come off.

7. jay

jay Member

Good thinking, and yes, I tried it. It did a great job on some of them, but others nothing.
    It's not so much the colour I'm worried about with any large rocks. I just hope they have some real feature to the surface.

8. Aqua Essentials

Aqua Essentials Sponsor Staff Member

No problem

Leave a comment when ordering what you're after and we'll do our best