• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini pelia - Riccardia chamedryfolia

zig

Has anyone successfully grown/are growing this plant Riccardia chamedryfolia, and if so what conditions did you grow it in? Is it a really slow grower? Thanks.

Hi Peter,

If this is the tropica one (which looking at Google pics it seems to be) then I used to have it in my nano when I first set it up. I found it very very very slow growing even in an EI tank. You're supposed to be able to detach the 'leaves' and reattach them else where in the tank and it should root, but I never managed it, mostly because it grows to dam slowly.

Oh yeah and it grows very slowly

Sam

PS - Did I mention that it doesn't grow very fast? :lol:

Hi Sam

No Tropica sell Monosolenium tenerum, that is the ordinary version, although now that you mention it I do remember that plant in your tank alright and that indeed was Riccardia chamedryfolia. You probably got it from Aquaticmagic. I know a few people have grown this plant on the forum but have found it difficult, algae problems etc. I will probably buy some anyway and have a go at it. In the tank I have going atm I have ferns and bolbitis growing beautiful so conditions may be to its liking (unscientifically tested wishful/hopeful thinking anyway ;) )

Cheers Sam

No, it was tropica, I got it from Aquajardin over in Gloucester. Go onto the tropica website and do a search for 003N they just haven't named it yet :)

Hope it works better for you. I did see in the shop some that must have been over a year old and it look stunning, the smaller leaf size is really attractive, mush more so that the standard Monosolenium

Sam

I've never actually grown this plant, but i was thinking of it before i found out it likes alot of light. I found this a while back from a different forum -

"Ideally, water on the soft and cool side would be good but not needed. It does however need a lot of light and CO2. It will simply fall apart if it is shaded.

Algae can be a big problem. DO NOT USE H2O2!

Just treat it like any other light loving plant and it should be fine"

I'm always unsure of these types of plants as alot are not true aquatics and either are very slow growing when submerged or they just don't grow i.e. Plagiomnium sp.

Back