• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini Pellia/Coral Moss (Riccardia chamedryfolia)

Eboeagles

This is currently my favourite plant and I'm planning a new scape where I would like lots and lots of this as the main feature.

However I've bought this twice now from a couple of different and very reliable sources. Both batches had hair algae or some a similar type of hairy algae and try as I might I cant seem to get rid - the first batch I blitzed with Excel and it turned brown so I chucked it and the second doesn't seem to be getting worse but despite a bit of harassment is still there. I'm obviously reticent about dosing too much excel and my Amano shrimp don't seem interested.

I've also noticed it seems to take quite a bit of time to acclimatise with a lot of it dying off. I'm injecting Co2 in both my nano's and dosing EI - everything else is pretty healthy

Any advice would be appreciated if you have experience with this.

As a side note I have so much normal Pellila which seems to grow like a weed that I actually have a big pot it on my
windowsill - so this puzzles me even more...

thanks

phil

Back