• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini project - 8x6x6

Nice I like it :)

Quick question about the filter, is the flow strong from it? how does the water come out? a trickle? just thinking one of these may be ok for a Fighter tank?

Cheers
JOHNNY

That looks really nice mate, great stuff. ;)

johnny70 said:
Nice I like it :)

Quick question about the filter, is the flow strong from it? how does the water come out? a trickle? just thinking one of these may be ok for a Fighter tank?

Cheers
JOHNNY

Its quite strong on such a small tank. I have it flowing left to right. I'd think its probably too much for a betta as they like minimal current don't they? This is actually rated for tanks up to 60 litres. This tank is just shy of 5 litres :lol: There is a smaller version (Mignon 60, for 15 litre tanks).

It can be reduced slightly. There is a knob on top you can turn to reduce the flow but it doesn't make a great deal of difference. I originally stuffed some filter wool on the cascade which reduced it quite well. I don't think I'll need to bother as I'm not sure if they'll be any livestock in this, maybe some cherry shrimp (if I ever manage to get hold of some!) For now I'm just happy making a mini scape and I'm hoping I can keep it going successfully :)

Dan Crawford said:
That looks really nice mate, great stuff. ;)

Thanks mate :)

Back