• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini UKAPS meet up - James3200s Planted discus tank

If Tony and Mark both bring camera gear I can forsee that some great pics are going to be taken of your discus tank James 8)

Tonser said:
I should be up for this too :D

:D awesome!. you bringin your gear?

a1Matt said:
If Tony and Mark both bring camera gear I can forsee that some great pics are going to be taken of your discus tank James 8)

it will be interesting!.

i'd like to approach it like i do my tanks, picking out areas and concentrate on flavours. i'm up for the full tank shot just yet.

Tony i've only got 1 x softbox @ 60cm (s type fitting) can you bring another maybe? and another head?

Some nice photos will be great to have, there are some bits of the tank that I have trouble with photographing / composing a good image, a couple of extra hands getting the Discus to shoal will also be helpful!

Would have been good to see you George, maybe on the second year anniversary of setup :lol:

James

Would be good if you can make it Tony

If anyone want my mobile number for directions, as it can be akward to find, please PM me

Cheers,
James

Hi guys,hope you all have a great day,I haven't gone fishing In the end due to a mix up,so I'm off to Tgm for the day,

Regards john.

I've just got back from a bit of a flying visit. Thanks for hosting James - the discus tank is beautiful, and the tech setup is right up my street - fantastic :D A real shame about the white bloom appearing overnight - thats real sods law for you :rolleyes: I'm sure Mark will have got some good pics anyway, though they may be a little 'atmospheric' :lol:

Great to see Dan, Steve and Paulo again, and great to meet James, Mark and Matt for the first time. Hope you guys had a good afternoon - I'm off to the races now :D

Cheers

Tony

Just got back too, all in all a great few hours spent with the lads. James tank is awsome and those Discus are great :) even with the slightly cloudy water we were able to see how great the tank is, looks great under the cabinet also!

We should have stayed inside in the pub, I am like a red lobster at the moment LOL

Was a great day :) James' tank is amazing! The ferns are HUGE!

Thanks for the hospitality James, and a big thanks to Mark for the lift :)

I'm sitting waiting for a train on the way back from Dan's at the moment :)

I just got in and I am straight on UKAPS. Nice to see everyone beat me to it!!!! :lol:

What a fantastic tank James has... Nicest java fern I have ever seen. full stop.

It was really nice to meet everyone on my first UKAPS meetup. For anyone that is hesitant, come along, everyone is realy friendly :) I am looking forward to my next meetup already!

I am not lobster at all ...I went past that, and am clearly sunburnt!

Have a look at this number plate I spotted on my drive home. This could almost be the perfect plate for a planted tank geek :wideyed:

main.php

I also bought a pot of 'callitriches sp.' sold in its emersed form and intended for ponds, but looks very similar to HC in its emersed form, so Paulo and I called it 'fake HC'. Hopefully this will keep a similar appearance in its submersed form and can be added to the list of carpet plants we use :) For now it is it in my emersed setup

main.php

main.php

UKAPS Baby!!!!

PHEEWW!...i'm f@£ed! after roghluy 340 miles mu=y day is done.

it was a pleasure to meet some new members. namely, tonser, London dragon and a1matt! top geezers. :D

it was an absolute shame the tank had clouding, but it cant be helped. it was near on impossible to get an image that would truly show off how nice this scape is. i've managed to get a couple of shots though.

i've agreed with James, that when it's clear I'll go for photographing it again....which i look forward to.

these shots don't do this tank justice!

rummies.jpg

discus.jpg

Nice one guys. I was busy working so couldn't make this. But I did have the added bonus of Father Starkey spending the day with me at TGM.

A shame the tank was cloudy. I'd of liked to of seen some pictures.

Has any one got pictures of the new faces. Ive met a fair few, but not the new guys on this trip.

Good work guys.

More of these things please ukaps member, this is what we are about. We are a good bunch of people who care about the hobby and are more than approachable. Come and say hello. 8) :D

Back