• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Minimal Tank

Ashton

This is my 2ft tank that I'm trying to make South American, I don't want it heavily planted but just a few plants in with the bogwood. I bought the Echinodorus 'Ozelot' and some Egeria densa which has now 'melted' and died off leaving an awful mess of the tank.

The Ozelot is bigger than I thought it would be, and I'm not really satisfied with the way its all turned out. Can anyone give me some tips please :? I want to get rid of the artificial root behind the Ozelot and get some more bogwood, but keeping it minimal, what can I do?

The tank is a Classica 50 litres 2ft x 1ft x 1ft and has a pair of Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlids and some Tetras in.

IMG_0021-2.jpg

John Starkey

Hi,do you have any growimg medium in their? if you dont want lots of plants you could just add low light plants that dont depend on a planting medium,you could use plants like anubius,micrsorium,java fern,any kind of moss,all these plants attach to wood or stone and dont require too much light,you could also use a liquid carbon source as your co2,such as easylife easycarbo or seachem flourish excel,
regards john

Ashton

Thanks for reply, I don't have any planting media but have added some Nutrafin root fertiliser capsules to the roots of the Ozelot. I got the Easy Life EasyCombo and use the Carbo daily and the other once a week. I love Crypts and have had them for years also Anubias, but I want to keep the tank South American plants as well as fish. Also do you think the Ozelot is too big?