• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Mission Bathtub 2022 Extended Edition

The bathtub etc. is doing great... Unfortunately, I can not say the same for myself... Currently, I'm recovering from a Hip Fracture and some surgery... I'm partially Ironman now with a Gamma Nail... But according to how it feels, I guess walking again without an aid, will take a tad longer than expected... It's about 2 weeks now, so I might be a tad impatient too... I'm not sick but moving around still hurts like hell... Feel 18 when I sit and 81+ when I try to walk.

IMG_20220629_114757745.jpg

So I'm not really able to reach the tub for maintenance and can only take pictures from a distance from a chair too far away for closeups...

IMG_20220629_114815388.jpg

But so far the Tub goes like a train again this year. it's a nice summer... :)
IMG_20220629_114929974.jpg

Ouch man - that x-ray looks like some butchery DIY job - I'm sure it's not and its a perfectly refined medical procedure, but the x-ray looks painful enough on its own! I hope you make a speedy recovery!

Ouch man - that x-ray looks like some butchery DIY job - I'm sure it's not and its a perfectly refined medical procedure, but the x-ray looks painful enough on its own! I hope you make a speedy recovery!

Thanks guys...

It indeed is butchery by the looks and feels. But it's not the fractured bone that holding me back. That seems to be fixed, can't say I feel it. The surgeon said, a few hours after the procedure it's ok to put some load on it again and stand up. 3 to 5 days of hospitalization and you're back home. I guess they also use some kind of very good fast curing and super strong cement to hold it all in place. Tho regarding the medical report my Pertrochanteric fracture was a tad complex and took an hour longer to fix than averagely.

And that is what I feel, they obviously also use some rather large clamps etc. to pull and hold the muscles etc. apart and stretch them even more to create sufficient working space. Drill the holes and hammer the nails in. Next to the bruising trauma and stretched ligaments in the leg from the accident causing the fracture. The muscles and tendons are now protesting and not willing to cooperate with every move I make and if too many it all shoots into a painful cramp like crazy.

So it's a soft tissue issue, that probably needs time.

I’m sure you are like most of us and hate being in poor health at anytime but we just have to relax best we can and heal, so do not try to do anything that may hinder your healing but sit in the sun and enjoy the view and watch the wildlife which you have welcomed into your home
Speedy recovery Marcel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back