• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mixing ferts?

14crazychris

Hi there
I have the mini complete tank (1.5L sump and display) which is going to be planted with 4 species of bucephalandra and floating Salvinia. I have profito as well as the phosphate and nitrate liquids (pic attached). I would like to combine all 3 into a spray bottle (pictured) so that I can add a few sprays of fertiliser each week. The problem is that I do not know tha ratios to put into the bottle? For example 4 parts profito, 1 part Fosfo and 1part nitrate. Any help would be great.

Cheers Chris

Attachments

• F72787E2-17BE-42E2-8050-598BC7681C9F.jpeg
    F72787E2-17BE-42E2-8050-598BC7681C9F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
Hi
Its not advisable to mix them.U will very likely get reaction between the macros (fosfo and not so much nitrate) and the Iron in the micro ( profito). U need to dose them on alternative days.
For tank that small U should have opted for all in one solution (TCN complete or Aquascaper complete)
Regards Konsa

Ok cheers, thanks for the help. Is it possible to combine Fospho and nitrate? Therefore I can have two spray bottles. Dosing a spray of each on alternative days?

Cheers Chris

Without knowing the contents I would not mix them. They may react and no longer be available to the plants. I would just stick with the three bottles.

Back