• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mixing substrates

cozmoz

Hi guy's

I have bought Oliver Knott NatureSoil Black for a nano aquascape measuring 45cm x 25cm x 25cm (28 Liters; 7.39 Gallons) and plan to put Unipac Fiji Coarse Sand to the front a sides of the aquarium. Would this be ok or would the sand have an adverse airing affect of the soil? It also says on their website that you can start planting straight away, has anyone had any experience doing so? Wouldn't this cause algae blooms?

I also plan on adding Plants Alive Grow Tabs to the soil under the plants prior to planting and add Tropica Plant Nutrition+ once a week once planted.

Thanks very much.

More info regarding this set up can be found here http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17729

Okay, thanks. Now I know I'm suppose to put my hand through sand to prevent it from compacting. Would I need to do anything to the soil? I'm going to be placing some heavy rooted plants.

cozmoz said:
Okay, thanks. Now I know I'm suppose to put my hand through sand to prevent it from compacting. Would I need to do anything to the soil? I'm going to be placing some heavy rooted plants.

Not to the soil no as it's very round like anyway so there will be plenty of flow through it.

Back