• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mixing TNC light with easy carbo?

Joeg123

So I only have 1 auto doser, currently just doing the easy carbo (10ML) just before the lights come on

Was wondering if mixing TNC light and easy carbo into the same container and auto dosing that would react in anyway together? Could get away with dosing 20ml a day, 10ml easy carbo and 10ml TNC lite so could just 50/50 mix

So I only have 1 auto doser, currently just doing the easy carbo (10ML) just before the lights come on

Was wondering if mixing TNC light and easy carbo into the same container and auto dosing that would react in anyway together? Could get away with dosing 20ml a day, 10ml easy carbo and 10ml TNC lite so could just 50/50 mix
Usually liquid carbon and trace ferts dont react. Just to be sure mix a bit of both in a small cup and leave it covered for a few days and check. If you dont see any sediment then you should be good to go

I wrote to Union Carbide (major gluteraldehyde supplier) about interactions of gulteraldehyde and EI salts (back in 2012 !!).

Replies were:
  • In presence of trace levels of iron salts it will decompose. So that's mixing with micro solution out.
  • Will polymerise with high pH (10-12) and come out of solution.
  • Best stored acidified, but not above 4.5pH. Cool and no light.
  • Will react and be neutralised by some sodium compounds, sodium bisulphite is used to neutralise spilled gluteraldehyde, so will probably react with potassium salts. So that is macro solution out.

So I use 3 peristaltic pumps to dose macro, micro and liquid carbon.

I was offered (to buy @ £100 odd) and gluteraldehyde test kit so I could perform my own experiments to determine the effect of macro salts on gluteraldehyde.

Back