• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mobile Phones

N95 is the way to go top phone! had mine for 3 weeks, still finding new menu's :lol:

JOHNNY

N95 is pretty good if you like the Symbian OS, ortherwise look for the HTC models with Windows Mobile, thats what I have and love it, new HTC Diamond coming out in July you should check that out on youtube.
Also there is always the iPhone, with the new model supposedly costing much less, plenty of options there ;)

Go for the little known Nokia E51. It's from their "business" range. I have mine for a few months now and it's excellent. Nearly all the useful features of the N95 but in a more sensible package (and good battery life!). Two colleagues that bought N95's were kicking themselves when I turned up with the E51 as a free upgrade. It even has sensible sized keys!

Superman said:
With regards to the Nokia E51, or any mobile phone. How do you get emails sent to your mobile?

Not something I've set up for two reasons...

Firstly I use Gmail so simply visit the web page to manage my emails.
Secondly... I tend to use open wireless networks (i.e. other peoples...) so I don't currently have a dedicated internet access point to make it worth setting up the facility to download my emails to my phone.

However... From what I can tell, it's simply a case of setting up incoming and outgoing mail server settings (similar to setting up an email application on a PC). My phone service provider also set up an email account for me so I can use email via my contract (but choose not to).

PS. There's two versions of the E51 - one with a camera and one without... I got the one with a camera as a free upgrade. (Oh, and there's also two finishes - black or silver).

Superman said:
With regards to the Nokia E51, or any mobile phone. How do you get emails sent to your mobile?
Mine has Windows Mobile 6 on it, so it just syncs with the work Microsoft Exchange servers for email, calendar, tasks, etc... If I loose everything from the phone, I just sync it to the servers and all my email, contacts, calendar is back again in seconds. If you don't have an Exchange server and don't use Windows Mobile the best bet would be a Blackberry for emails.

LondonDragon said:
Superman said:
Mine has Windows Mobile 6 on it, so it just syncs with the work Microsoft Exchange servers for email, calendar, tasks, etc... If I loose everything from the phone, I just sync it to the servers and all my email, contacts, calendar is back again in seconds. If you don't have an Exchange server and don't use Windows Mobile the best bet would be a Blackberry for emails.

Its not really for work things, it's for my personal emails but I do have a pop3 etc. I think I might be able to get IMAP. Will look into it as I'm with www.servage.net.

Superman said:
Its not really for work things, it's for my personal emails but I do have a pop3 etc. I think I might be able to get IMAP. Will look into it as I'm with http://www.servage.net.
Then most phones should cover it, might be worth checking the iPhone since its free now, I am waiting for the HTC Diamond to be released in July for my upgrade :D :D

Hi All, what about the new i phone 3g it sounds like a quality piece of kit cant wait to see one,regards john

john starkey said:
Hi All, what about the new i phone 3g it sounds like a quality piece of kit cant wait to see one,regards john
Yep it looks good with the new faster web access and also free on £45+ tariffs!

HTC phones pah! I have had SPV/htc phones through orange for ages and they are pants. Pants quality. Die alot. If they had all the features it would be great but they are expensive, shoddy quality AND are breezeblocks. Not even bricks. Breezeblocks. I hate my m3100. If I could change it I would!!!

Lisa_Perry75 said:
I hate my m3100. If I could change it I would!!!
I have the M3100 and love it, for me there isn't a better phone out at the moment, you just need to load it with some third party software to make it really decent phone, thats the good thing about Windows Mobile, all it takes is the installation of 3/4 applications and you have a totally different phone ;)

Wooo just got myself a nokia classic!

LondonDragon, I'll press the green button to dial. It'll go bleep bleep bleep and cancel that. That'll happen about 10-20 times. It happens all the time and I'm trying to call someone. Thouroughly annoying!!!
Mainly though its too big.

Lisa_Perry75 said:
Wooo just got myself a nokia classic!
LondonDragon, I'll press the green button to dial. It'll go bleep bleep bleep and cancel that. That'll happen about 10-20 times. It happens all the time and I'm trying to call someone. Thouroughly annoying!!!
Mainly though its too big.
Yeah its not a "girlie" phone, way too big ;) but I use mine for work mainly, which is great for email, screen if big enough to remotly connect to network equipment that I need to configure on the move etc... so I like it, perfect for my needs and wouldn't change it, and the full sliding keyboard is great.
But I know what you mean when you try to dial someone, if they not on your contact list, dialing numbers is really a pain.

Superman said:
I'm torn between waiting for the new version of iPhone or getting a Nokia E51

I would have considered the iPhone if it hadn't been for the silly price contract. There's no way I'd pay the monthly contract - I get enough free minutes etc for £20 per M.

Back