• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monitor problems

Joecoral

I've had the same Hyundai ImageQuest Q15 TFT monitor on my pc for over 4 years now, and it has been great so far
However today all of a sudden it has randomly and suddenly started going incredibly dim to the extent I can only just barely see anything on the screen, which is only remedied by turning the monitor off for several seconds back on, which lasts for several minutes until it goes dim again and I have to repeat the process
Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be, or how to remedy it, or is my monitor nackered?
Joe

is the problem even actually the monitor, or something else? I assume because turning off then on solves it temporarily then the problem is with the monitor?

It's one of two things. Most likely the inverter has gone which luckily is fairly straight forward to replace as long as you are happy with opening up your monitor. Get the code off the inverter and do an ebay search where you should be able to find one pretty cheap. If not this then it's the backlight (CCFL) that's going. This is more difficult to replace as it means dismantling the actual LCD display. I've done a few and sounds more difficult than it really is. Again ebay is a good place to pick up new ones cheap.

James

Back