• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Monster growth"...

Vito

Hey guys, just been browsing some of the journals and I noticed the dates of pics and growth rates are phenomenal. I was under the impression my setup was pretty high-tech but I my HC doesn't seem to be sending shoots and also seems to be vanishing...

My setup is a Juwel Rio 125.
Substrate: ADA aquasoil Amazonia.
Dosing dry ferts:
1/4 tsp KNO3 3x a week
1/16 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week
1/16 tsp traces 3x a week
Maintenance: 50% water change weekly, Weekly trim of old leaves and algae, filter maintenance once a month.
CO2: Pressurized co2 2kg FE, Dropchecker is on lime green/yellow. Dose easycarbo every other day, Rhinox 2000 Diffuser, under inlet. comes one 2 hours before lights and off one hours before light out.
Filtration: Tetratec EX1200.
Heater: Hydor External 300W @ 27 degrees.
Spraybar on the back of the tank facing forward using 3 lengths and inlet in back right corner.
Lighting: 4xT8 Arcadia freshwater lamps 9 hours a day.
Plants:
Eleocharis Vivipara
Eleocharis Acicularis
Blyxa Japonica
Hemianthus callitrichoides

Is there anything in my setup that might be hindering my growth? I have reason to believe that my shoal of Redeye tetras are eating my HC this could explain its disappearance. I feed my fish once a day I have 35 Green neons, 11 Redeye Tetras, 4 Otto's, 2 SEA's (juveniles) and many, many cherry shrimp. Might the lack of feeding cause them to eat my HC... please help guys, i am desperate fora HC carpet, I don't want to keep buying more of it so it can be munched...

Vito

4 x T8 is plenty to get good growth. I had a very similar setup for years with my Rio 125.

With the HC, of course, you need to eliminate it from being eaten before you can succeed with it.

HC isn't the fastest of growers and takes a while to adapt before growth starts in earnest. Is it shaded by anything? Is there plenty of water circulation down there?

How are the other plants doing?

George Farmer said:
4 x T8 is plenty to get good growth. I had a very similar setup for years with my Rio 125.

With the HC, of course, you need to eliminate it from being eaten before you can succeed with it.

HC isn't the fastest of growers and takes a while to adapt before growth starts in earnest. Is it shaded by anything? Is there plenty of water circulation down there?

How are the other plants doing?

No shading... the other plants are doing well I mean Dwarf hairgrass is spreading nicely I just suppose im impatient. I think a frequen feed is on the cards so my HC doesn't become a snack...

Thanks for the advice.

Vito

Back