• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mont Gumi

Looking good Danny. I’m liking your tool holder, very smart
Keep the updates coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers Patrick, spotted the tool set on Amazon so thought it was worth a shot and got a nice surprise at how good it actually is.

Not quite clear yet but looking good, I love the tool set too so thought it deserved a shot. An inline heater will be the next addition, can't stand looking at the heater in the tank.
fts 1.jpg
Tools1.jpg

A little cloudy from planting earlier but I made some changes and additions, I removed the dwarf hair grass from the back and replaced it with Alternanthera Reineckii ''Mini' which I'm hoping I'll get away with staying low tech.

I also added some Rotala Wallichii to hopefully fill in the corners and with any luck get a nice pinky/red colour from.

20171211_190116.jpg
20171211_190852.jpg

Photo from last night, not sure how well it shows it but the growth rate and transition from emersed to submerged is amazing!

Dosing TNC liquid carbon daily and have had one dose of TNC complete on Saturday
20171213_012750.jpg
which is to be done weekly.

Tuesday night tank shot, almost time to trim the Rotala Wallichii, be interesting to hear the results others are having with;

Rotala Wallichii
Marselia Hersuita
Alternanthera Reineckii ''Mini"

In non injected co2 tanks.
20171219_185439.jpg

Looks very nice and a cracking scape.

Would you say the lights are too bright or too early to say? Can they be adjusted to a lower setting?

Paul

Looks very nice and a cracking scape.

Would you say the lights are too bright or too early to say? Can they be adjusted to a lower setting?

Paul

I can't say through knowledge really as I went for them purely on the brand and assuming ADA know what they are doing with lights, so far I don't have a single reason to fault them.

The light spill is minimal, growth is great, viewing temp is a pleasure and the unit looks great too.

Almost a full tank shot for tonight, can't stand the heater in photos so keep it out of most lol

I increased my daily dose of TNC liquid carbon from 1 to 2ml three days ago just to see if there is any impact and it definitely seems to be an improvement for now, starting to get a little algae on the rocks etc which is to be expected from 14hrs of light but nothing ottos won't clear up when they are added after the cycle.

20171221_175409.jpg

I am currently a very torn man lol after visiting a couple of local shops today I found two truly epic pieces of eucalyptus wood..... the pictures really do not do these justice and would need to be 360 degree to fully show them off lol

I've just donked them on my 60x40cm side table for an idea of how they could be used and I can already see a potentially amazing scape with them.....

Problem is I'm only currently only in possession of this tank and I think my mrs would go mental if I stripped it now, the plus side is we have already discussed an upgrade and I think these pieces would need a 90/120cm tank ideally so I'm going to have to do some serious thinking over Christmas.
20171223_201748.jpg
20171223_201811.jpg

Looking a bit green at the moment, I've been playing with the daily dose of liquid carbon and gone from weekly dosing TNC complete to daily at double the dose.

It's had quite an impact on growth in both the plants and algae so I'm fine tuning it and trying to pull it back into line with big daily water changes which I've never done before, on the plus side the cycle is now in the final stage

Ammonia is 0 and just the nitrite left to come down now.

I trimmed the Wallichii a couple of days ago by about 4 inches and it's grown straight back already including the clippings I 're planted.

Getting errors uploading photos so they will follow.

Back