• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mont Gumi

A little update on the Wallichii and what I've noticed in the 16 days it's been planted.

Now I didn't have very high hopes for it to begin with with my non gas approach bit thought I would give it a go anyway, it's growing like mad but not getting the full rich coloration that I've seen it have in high tech tanks which is to be expected.

It is definitely showing it's demand for light to get good results as the stems directly under the Aquasky 601 are actually quite nicely coloured, anything other than directly below is more of a Browny Orange so far.

I guess time will tell better at just how well it will colour overall but so far I'm pleased with the results especially the growth.

20171227_143538.jpg
20171227_143622.jpg
20171227_143634.jpg

Still haven't ordered an inline heater which I really must do, tank is all doing well.

Now dosing 2ml TNC liquid carbon and 1ml complete ferts daily.

I'm starting to get bored with this now, I really feel like it can't go anywhere or evolve at all.... doesn't help having some great hardscape material to hand I'm dying to use either lol

Photos are playing up so will follow.

Time for another update,

Marselia Hersuita.....a slow growing undemanding plant.....

It grows like a weed lol

I've got a bit of green hair algae I'm working on clearing and decided the carpet has been to dense so been thinning bits here and there until today, today I removed about a third with thoughts of adding another type of plant around the rock work. Something bigger and bushier....no idea what yet.

The AR mini is really growing well, I separated one of the bigger bits and 're planted along the rock line as I had pictured it when originally getting it so glad that's working.

The Marselia Hersuita has been over running the AR where they met too!

I have also decided to get a full co2 system going in the very near future too, I'm just not happy with the Wallichii without co2 and the AR will also benefit from it so something to look forward to.

That's it for today.

20180101_164703.jpg
20180101_165110.jpg
20180101_170028.jpg
20180101_195234.jpg
20180101_195835.jpg

Well it's all change here now,

I decided to 're scape the tank yesterday as I figured better to do it now while still cycling than when I finally get some fish in there.

One problem of the 're scape is the state of the Aqua soil Amazonia..... it will be removed and replaced.

But on to the more interesting info, I have ordered a load of plants for the new scape and re using the AR mini so really looking forward to what I can create now.

Exciting times ahead!

I have ordered;
  • Bucephalandra sp. "Deep Purple"
  • Bucephalandra sp. "Red"
  • Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Rubella'
  • Cryptocoryne albida 'Brown'
  • Cryptocoryne beckettii "Petchii"
  • Cryptocoryne wendtii "brown"
  • Hygrophila pinnatifida
  • Rotala rotundifolia 'Orange Juice'
  • Riccia fluitans
  • Vesicularia ferriei 'Weeping Moss'