• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monte Carlo Carpet Melting

NayrP

So I was just starting to get my Money Carlo carpet how I want it to be when a patch right on the middle started to turn yellow and melt. This has now spread throughout the entire carpet and I end up picking out large portions of the carpet from my surface skimmer. The tank has been slightly warmer due to the warm temperatures where I live. Could this be the cause of my melt? Tank is usually around 23C bit has recently been right about 26-27C. Here are a few pictures I took only 10 days apart. Has this happened to anyone else? I haven't changed anything with my dosing, photo period or CO2 injection. Somewhat frustrated at the moment:confused:
20200820203941.jpg
20200814201453.jpg

Hi @RyanP,

It looks like the tank was established under stable conditions. The increase in temperature would have reduced the concentration of CO2 in the water. It also would have increased metabolic rates etc. Those leaves may have been “unsuitable” for the “new” environment and then the melt occurred.

How does the new growth look?

I haven’t experienced the temperature increasing causing melt, but I know someone who has. I have, however, experienced a decrease in temperature causing plants to perk up.

If it were me, I’d find a way to bring the temp back down and then watch new growth.

Josh

Hi Josh,

The new growth seems to look better. Think it must have been temperature (CO2) related. It has cooled down here the past few days and I have slightly upped the CO2, so hopefully that will help. Thanks for the quick reply.

Ryan

Back