• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

? Monte Carlo Carpet

CJM70

This is the ?? Monte Carlo carpet that came with the tank I recently bought. It has been kept damp and in normal daylight conditions with no CO2 over the last few days due to difficulties that I have had.

My question is, is there any real viability in continuing this as I’m not really thinking of using CO2 initially when I set the tank up afresh? Is there a way of lifting it and wrapping it in clingfilm so that someone else can make use of it? Or sadly should it just go in the bin?

I've had grown in thick Monte Carlo survive without co2 for many weeks. Didn't go bad but didn't really grow either. With average lights in heavily planted tank.

This is the ?? Monte Carlo carpet that came with the tank I recently bought. It has been kept damp and in normal daylight conditions with no CO2 over the last few days due to difficulties that I have had.

My question is, is there any real viability in continuing this as I’m not really thinking of using CO2 initially when I set the tank up afresh? Is there a way of lifting it and wrapping it in clingfilm so that someone else can make use of it? Or sadly should it just go in the bin?
Pics?

Here’s the missing pic, sorry, thought I had already uploaded it but that must’ve been a senior moment because I clearly hadn’t🤪😂

Attachments

• 97563088-B015-4AD9-9DAD-25292EF02DF1.jpeg
    97563088-B015-4AD9-9DAD-25292EF02DF1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
Here’s the missing pic, sorry, thought I had already uploaded it but that must’ve been a senior moment because I clearly hadn’t🤪😂

If you want to store it, you could put it in a tub with soil, cover, mist and vent it regularly, with decent light to it; and you'll be able to use it whenever you want

If you want to store it, you could put it in a tub with soil, cover, mist and vent it regularly, with decent light to it; and you'll be able to use it whenever you want
That’s interesting to know. How would I remove it? Would it peel back, a bit like removing turf, or would it not be that string?

That’s interesting to know. How would I remove it? Would it peel back, a bit like removing turf, or would it not be that string?

It has a thin root structure, but pretty much peels back easily and stays together, so it is as easy as lifting it and placing it if growing it out of water.

It's worth googling emersed growing, if you haven't or are unfamiliar with it. Great way of storing and growing plants for later use!

It has a thin root structure, but pretty much peels back easily and stays together, so it is as easy as lifting it and placing it if growing it out of water.

It's worth googling emersed growing, if you haven't or are unfamiliar with it. Great way of storing and growing plants for later use!
Ok cheers for that. TBH I’m not sure I want to use it in what I’m planning. Is this in a condition that I could offer it for sale on the selling forum? Is a ready-made carpet something people actually want? It seems a shame to waste it but I would not want to insult people by offering it for sale if it’s not really much cop. I’m not really worried about the money so maybe a swap would be more appropriate but this close to Christmas time to arrange postage et cetera is quite short. I will be guided by your opinion and that of any of the other regulars on here, and maybe I might just try the emersed growing option that you suggested.

Back