• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monte Carlo not growing well.

Brad123

Tank is 65ltr
Lights chihiros a401 6 hours photo period 2 down from bright.
Co2 yes
Filter built in the back 600ltr/h pump lily pipe return.
2ml tropica specialized daily
Tetra Active Substrate and a small bad of Seachem Flourite.
Water change 2 time a week. 50%

OK the Monte carlo looks to be melting slowly it looks to be growing but dose not look healthy the other plants look good. Don't have any test kits. Tank looks dirty it's water/clean day.

IMG_20210614_172321.jpg IMG_20210614_172348.jpg IMG_20210614_172025.jpg

O the tank is about 2 months. Did turn the light 1 up 4 days ago forgot I did that.

It looks alright to me. There‘s some diatoms, but they’ll disappear eventually. Your fertilisers might be a bit conservative, so I’d consider upping the dosage and hopefully they’ll grow in faster and more healthily.

By the way, it looks like you could do with some more surface agitation, as there are lots of surface bubbles. This might be because of a protein film from stressed plants, but more agitation will fix it anyway. This will add more O2 to the water which is better for the fish, might stabilise the ecosystem and could potentially facilitate higher CO2 dosage (lime green drop checker).

Thanks glasscanvasar for the replay. Yes it is growing but scraggy and a bit of diatoms as well. Will up the dosing a little bit.
Yes I have a problem with surface cum. Going to play around with the Lilly pipe.
Thanks again

Back