• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monte Carlo turning white, spreading fast

SaphAq

Seedling
Hey all,
been reading a lot on this forum over the years but this is my first post, I would greatly appreciate any help since I'm at loss and haven't been able to find a reason/solution on the forums so far.

I've got a newly planted Fluval Edge 23 litres.

IMG_E3121.JPG

The plants were added 5 days ago and the problem could be seen on the Monte Carlo already on day 3. It turned yellowish white, starting from the bottom of the plant and slowly spreading upwards.

IMG_3118.JPG

I've even noticed the phenomenon "spreading" to nearby Staurogyne repens.

IMG_E3123.JPG

Both the Monte Carlo and the Staurogyne repens are from Tropicas 1-2-grow product line (invitro) and looked great on delivery.

The light is upgraded to 560 lumens variant instead of the stock 347 lumens (can't find any PAR numbers sadly).

Lights are on 6h/day
Pressurized CO2 on the same timer as lights, 30 mg/l according to drop checker
Tropica aquarium soil powder in planted area, sand in foreground
50% water change every other day, water conditioner added to bucket

Water tests performed with JBL liquids:
Temp: 26.7 C
pH: 7
KH: 5 dKH
GH: 9 dGH
NH4: <0.05 mg/l
NO2: <0.01 mg/l
NO3: 3.5 mg/l
PO4: < 0.02 mg/l
Fe: 0.05 mg/l

Clearly nutrients are low but I'm not sure if that could result in this rapid death of old growth, I rather thought that would mostly impact new growth.

I've also got some brown hair algae on the centerpiece wood, if that info could help troubleshooting.

IMG_3120.JPG

I'd love any help on this and feel free to ask me if I missed anything.

Back