• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moonlight

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I just got hold of a moonlight and was wondering if it has any problems leaving it on during the night or just a few hours after lights out?

Does it have any benefits, will cause any problems, or it doesn't matter at all?

Some quick test I did in the tank:
pict0968qn3.jpg

Thanks

i used a blue led thing for abit, and found it didnt cause any problems, no algae growth, and the fish seemed happy and calm.

Themuleous said:
Its if low watt, say LED's, I can't see it being a problem. Guess it doesn't have to be on all night either, just a few hours after the main lights.
Sam
Yeah they are LEDs on a strip, about 10 or 12 all together. Got it on ebay for a mate, but he didn't like the effect on his tank so I kept them for myself.

SteveUK said:
Found this DIY article last night, after reading this thread. I think I will give this a try soon :) I have a load of blue LED's somewhere...

http://www.kaotica.com/frag/diy/moonlight/
He comments that he gets a spotlight effect. If you want to avoid this then take some fine sandpaper to the LEDs as it will help diffuse the light.

LD. The guys on ebay might be cheap but if you're a 'leccy person then you're liable to have LED's & resistors lying around anyway.

Been meaning to knock myself up a set of these for ages, just need to hunt down a suitable spare power supply!

Back