• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mordor's Borders

Watched your video yesterday, and wondered why did I miss this journal?

Sad you dismantled it. What do you mean by "difficult hardscape"? Difficult to maintain? Why did you rejected idea to use some small mosses? Aegagropila?

Thanks guys.

Watched your video yesterday, and wondered why did I miss this journal?
Sad you dismantled it. What do you mean by "difficult hardscape"? Difficult to maintain? Why did you rejected idea to use some small mosses? Aegagropila?

Alex, i was not liking the Cuba and Buces on this layout. Buses were too big for it.
At this time i know for sure that a Ricardia only plant was the only decent plant.
All other changed the proportions of the layout a lot.
I'll do something completely different for the next layout and then i'm sure i'll get back to these stones but maybe only with sand and Ricardia (if i ever made such am hardscape again!).

Pedro.

Pedro, did you think that the dark rocks kinda blended into the background too much? Any green would add cheerfulness to the scape I guess.

Moredor theme may suit a dark place like a amazon biotite perhaps?

A shame about this tank not working as you wanted - next time just pack it up & ship to me please ;)

Your dedication to the detail in the rock work & substrates is impressive as always ... this is Aquarium Sculpture Art :wideyed:
and video tells the story :)

i'm sure i'll get back to these stones but maybe only with sand and Ricardia (if i ever made such am hardscape again!).
I could see this scape with sparse plants that are struggling to survive - not an easy balance at all
and perhaps dark blue & black shrimps, with some (few) snow white shrimp and OEBT

Pedro, did you think that the dark rocks kinda blended into the background too much? Any green would add cheerfulness to the scape I guess.
Moredor theme may suit a dark place like a amazon biotite perhaps?

Something went wrong in my head and i started disliking it. I suppose that was the main reason.
And yes, the black was not getting a second color to make a nice mixture.

A shame about this tank not working as you wanted - next time just pack it up & ship to me please ;)
Your dedication to the detail in the rock work & substrates is impressive as always ... this is Aquarium Sculpture Art :wideyed:
and video tells the story :)

Thanks Alto. That means a lot to read.
Several people told me that :) to "sell" it :) ... this is an hobby... i must have some fun or else it happens this kind of situations.

I could see this scape with sparse plants that are struggling to survive - not an easy balance at all
and perhaps dark blue & black shrimps, with some (few) snow white shrimp and OEBT

Nice image :)

Well, but the Dutch is going very good and i have ideas for this 60P :)

Back