• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mori no shinden

Thanks Tim. I am really temped it would just leave the whole thing looking very flat. I really enjoy what I have done with the rocks below the wood aswell just need to think on something to give me more height.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

new filter today so not as much unsightly kit in the tank, still need to replace the heater but need a bigger one now DOH! still gone with the spray bar as i cant for the life of me figure out the flow using a lily pipe.

little melt on some of the rotala and a few bits of the hair grass are not looking too good but mostly it all seems to be taking. i am putting the melt down to the poor flow i had to begin with.

Onwards and upwards!! ^_^

Here is a very noisy picture.........toodlepip, im off to bed :)

-5AIAAzv6yn2Y77V2BVD9w9TWvJVrag8P3JY0Nx4c1w=w1598-h767-no.jpg

Reactions: tim
Thanks Deano. I am actually finding the wood to be a bit over bearing and out of place, I think that in my haste I picked the wrong wood to use but convinced myself it would look good but I also don't want to remove it before figuring out what to do with the layout when that space is feed up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

All seems to be going good hc and hair grass is taking off. I have lost a bit of the hc I planted due to it just being knocked around when I had my mishap.

The rotala is growing really well and gonna need a trim.in a few days.

I'm still not happy with the wood :( but I'm not moving it until I have some more ideas about what to do. The fungus is starting to die off so the ananos are going to town on it now

New heater arrived I can hook that up tomorrow.

suderysu.jpg

razezaza.jpg

ne5agumy.jpg

ma2e8uny.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looking good. I think the issue with your wood is down to the bit on the right mimics the shape and height of the rock on the left - does that make sense?

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

Yeah mate I can see exactly what you mean. I in fact think it pulls way to much focas from the entire scape. I thought it looked so good when it was dry!

Have you thought about putting some smaller mini landscape around the bottom of the wood? Just around the area that it's berried in the substrate. If I was going to be hyper critical the wood needs shifting just about an inch to the right, just to open that pathway up a little.

The plants look really well mate, well done.

Have you thought about putting some smaller mini landscape around the bottom of the wood? Just around the area that it's berried in the substrate. If I was going to be hyper critical the wood needs shifting just about an inch to the right, just to open that pathway up a little.

The plants look really well mate, well done.

I can see exactly what you mean and I think I will give it a go tomorrow. It just got harder though as we just got this little terror

vyzupy2u.jpg

And she is a bit of an attention seeker at the moment :D

Mate she is lush. 3 month old Pure bred pedigree, kc registered with champ grandparents and only paid £250 from someone in our town as they couldn't take care of her any longer. We had been looking for about 6 months and willing to pay £900 upwards but she is exactly what we where after! I don't think lucky comes close :)

You've had a beagle before? Hard work to get them disciplined;)

Not had a beagle before no. Many other dogs but no beagles I hope I've not bitten off more than she can chew :confused:

Just make sure you are firm and make sure all in the family expect the same from her, Always!. Worst thing you can do for a dog is have pity for it:oops:
And an advice i give all my clients: treat it like a 80 pound wet dog!. Everything you wouldn't accept from an 80 pound wet dog, you musn't accept from her.:)

Ahh lovely looking little dog.... yeah they are hunting dogs alright & when they get a sent of something it is difficult to stop them LOL
Baying & running with their nose stuck to the ground is great fun to see & that is what they want & should be doing but it is not always at the most appropriate moment!

Its only me and the Mrs and we are a pretty tight team. She is very stern and I follow suit else she turns it on me :D

Just make sure you are firm, Worst thing you can do for a dog is have pity for it [/U]

By this I guess you mean no telling her off then turning round and going "aww but she is so cute its fine...........:eek:, this certainly does not happen!

OK back to tank

I have moved the wood... not removed (I was very tempted)

Any thoughts welcome. I think it is looking a lot better for it apart from the open space between the two branches.

Not sure how to remedy this without filling it with stems or a larger leafed plant. The later I'm not to keen on as I think it will through off the scale with the other plants and rock work.

Thoughts?

Ali

Back