• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mori no shinden

aliclarke86

I have been planning on getting this tank for a little while and yesterday was presented with a deal I could not refuse ;) this journal is a little early as I have not decided exactly what is going to happen with it.

I know you have all seen the tank before but I will show you anyway :D

6a9upy7a.jpg

Not got a filter for this one as of yet but the rest of the setup I'm running is

TMC Signature 60 x 45 x 30
TMC ULTIMA 1500 tile
TMC aquagro expert co2 set
TMC glass in and outflow
TMC nutasoil brown

Although it looks like it from the list unfortunately this is not a sponsered tank :eek: but I did get a very good price for the lot.

I am currently throwing around a lot of ideas and maybe I'm a little over excited so this is going to be s bit of a "watch this space" at the moment but I will report back shortly

Thanks
Ali

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nice kit, Ali. :)

Watching with interest.

Thanks George, it really is. I emailed my local supplier and they got back with a great deal on a set up they where going to use but they are having a shoo refit so they needed it out of the way.

Welcome to the TMC owners club, ill send you a badge ; )

What's the plans then?

YAY now i have the badge i can sell this on :D
Well first of all get a matching set of glass pipes as upon further inspection I have one 12mm inlet and a 16mm out, I was pretty much given them so can't really complain :). I have a few bit bits of wood and rocks about but I didn't plan on getting the tank just yet so I don't have a solid idea of planting, just lots of scribblings at the moment. Plus a 180ltr to tear down :( as our house is far to small.

Looking forward to what you do with this ali. I have a soft spot for the tmc gear too I have substrate outflow kit etc. Just a shame they don't make big tanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

They are superb quality furniture I just hope I can try and stay near par with the 2 outstanding scapes we have seen on this forum recently ha :confused:

very nice ali, the signatures certainly have a lot to offer and now i just seen they are also doing a 90cm version :)
will be watching with interest.

Would love to have a 90 but just don't have the room, this is a replacement for my eheim vivaline 180 as our tiny little house is getting to the point of not being able to entertain guests through all the tanks.

Exciting!!! I love this stage of a new scape. New ideas every second. Can't think about anything else. I look forward to seeing how you go with this one.

Too many ideas!! Need to start making up my mind and find something MD and the Mrs can agree on (if that's possible?)

Cool.
Out of interest, what size inlet is that;150mm drop?

Actually no idea, not had a chance to have a propper look due to work and they where basicly thrown in with the set up as a deal. I will get back to you on that one mate

Thanks for all the interest everyone.

Ali

I meant how was it going to be suspended but Ive just seen the photo (didn't see it last night)
Yeah the bracket came with the setup all cut to size and I'm not too keen on drilling my ceiling. Plus with only the one tile it should work out ok.

Been playing with hardscape last couple of days but I'm not happy with anything I have come up with so I'm going to be taking a trip out for some new wood on sunday. Hopefully lps has some more manzanita in or something else striking.

I was kind of feeling a canyon style look but looking at it for a day or so I'm not so sure now

20130627_110218.jpg

20130627_110233.jpg

Can't get a good feel outside the tank so I'm going to stick some substrate in and have a play :)

20130627_134828.jpg

20130627_134842.jpg

dont think i have the iwagumi eye as it where

second layout, feel allot happier with this one, still not sure if i want to go down the iwagumi road though as i really like NA style and popping into my lfs they do have some really nice wood.

any comments on this layout appreciated!

20130627_161322.jpg

20130627_161332.jpg

I know exactly what you mean (have you been spesking with my mrs? Lol) also I want to get a few more litres of soil in. It is pretty thin at some spots. My biggest problem is patience, I thought I had some more rocks with a bit more hight. The wood did add some hight but I was struggling with placing it. It looked good from 2 sides but this will be viewable from 3 and the right side let it down.

I like the first canyon style. Yes it's not a typical iwagumi but is that so bad?

I always like scapes that feel/look like it would be interesting to watch fish swim around the hard scape and the plants sway in the water flow... I can imagine that 'canyon' scape being fun to watch. My opinion.

another layout using some wood this time (not actually sure what it is....from LPS) this is much more in the style i was interested in doing, my impatience pushed me to try an iwagumi but i have stamped it out!!

20130630_152859.jpg

20130630_152913.jpg

20130630_152925.jpg

20130630_152932.jpg

any thoughts and suggestions?

I was also wondering if anyone has thoughts on the use of this
YD062.jpg

i need a bit more height in the substrate but don't really wanna spend another £20 on neutrasoil if i can find a cheaper alternative.

if anyone has used this soil and knows if this is going to drastically alter my water please let me know

Ali

Back