• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mori no shinden

looks great mate, well i spose the anubias arent going to release that much, i can understand the 'possibility' of something building up to dangerous levels if your shrimp tank is like 20 litres maybe. mines over a hundred litres so i cant see it being a problem!
its more than likely a co-incidence, like someone moved their anubias to prune and disturbed a gas pocket in the substrate and therefore claimed that it must be the anubias leaching something.... food for thought

Perhaps the wood could be less central and and try and wrap it more around and over the rocks or some of them, as your chosen wood imo has a root like feel to it rather than branches, so they could be inverted.

Really like this tank, the rock and wood in the initial scape looked great!

My only criticism is that the Anubias look totally out of place imo - the leaves don't look in proportion with anything else in the tank so it makes the tank look and feel quite small. Just my thought :)

Perhaps the wood could be less central and and try and wrap it more around and over the rocks or some of them, as your chosen wood imo has a root like feel to it rather than branches, so they could be inverted.
Hi Trevor
The tank will not be going that much longer as I'm having to move house again!! :( I do agree with your thoughts but I couldn't get it right going down over the rocks sent settled finally on how it is now.

Really like this tank, the rock and wood in the initial scape looked great!

My only criticism is that the Anubias look totally out of place imo - the leaves don't look in proportion with anything else in the tank so it makes the tank look and feel quite small. Just my thought :)
Cheers Al

I agree with you too. I was looking for some bonsai when I first set up but couldn't get any in the time frame I wanted so I plucked this out of another tank when it was young and quite small. It has grown a lot and does take focus especially as it is quite far forward ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

In other news. I have noticed some very small amounts of bba since I moved over to glass lily outlet rather than my spray bar. I have reduced the lighting (quite considerably) I don't have a controller so have off/50%/100% as my options. I have reduced the co2 input accordingly.

Pretty much all the HC I planted has gone. It never really bounced back from the poor state it was in before it was moved.

Still getting good growth on the rotala and the limnophilia.
The ludwigia sp. Needs a huge trim down now as its reaching the surface so about 20cm tall and it will fill out very nicely.

S repens are looking a bit sad so need a good trim back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry mate, somehow did not see the last five months of your journal and was commenting on your initial pics posted 28th June, I'll climb back into my burrow... scape has really come on and looks great :)

So it has been a long time and I have not updated :) basicly I am suffering from a BBA attack after the Christmas period took all my free time away. I am currently doing daily water changes and spot dosing glut to attempt to kill of what has already taken hold. I am nearly out of co2 (couldn't refill due to being cut off by floods!!!) So I think my next step is going to be a black out for 3 days wooop .

I will win this fight as I have no money for all new plants!!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Cut off by flood water with no c02:eek: when the firemen are dragging residents past in dingies flag them down and ask for a fire extinguisher.:D they say they are there to deal with all sorts of emergencies:)

Cut off by flood water with no c02:eek: when the firemen are dragging residents past in dingies flag them down and ask for a fire extinguisher.:D they say they are there to deal with all sorts of emergencies:)
Paha Kirk my man the is genius!!

what kind of moss is it on the wood and how easy is it to grow? tank looks good

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

what kind of moss is it on the wood and how easy is it to grow? tank looks good

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
Mike, its Christmas moss mixed with Taiwan moss and both seem to grow like the clappers even in my lotech :) thanks for the comment but like I said just now BBA has taken hold and now I'm in a fight yo kkeep it lookin OK

Nice one Ali :) . Tanks looking looking great from the pictures. Hope the BBA issue resolves quickly for you. Once the moss takes over the wood nicely it is gonna look grand. Have fun.

usyduve3.jpg

All a bit of a mess right now...

I think I'm getting there with the BBA have had to give it all a good hack but hopefully I will get all lush new growth!!

No co2 now......... Lights are on 2 hours with easy carbo being dosed at lights on.... Don't know if this is the best idea but I don't want to be without my tank!

I'm spot dosing 6ml of ec in the morning before work too in some areas where I'm seeing a bit of BBA still.

So my friend took down his tank today due to unforseen rubbishness :( but he is giving me some nice plants that he bought the other day but never planted. No idea what ATM but will update soon :) I like free stuff

Quick phone shot... Still no co2. I popped in the shop today and they don't seem to know where they are!!! Grrrr I'm not going to be happy if they have been lost or stolen as its nearly 100 quid of gas bottle they have!! They remember them being dropped off though.

syqarapy.jpg

This has turned into a planted tank without any intention. I started out trying to aquascape but I guess I just like growing plants more than the art side of this hobby :) added a black background too....

I have added some plants to either side that, when I got them from the store, I thought where vallis nana but they are not growing tall and not producing runners ( they where in my betta tank RIP )

I'm thinking maybe blyxa Japonica??

ehyqegat.jpg

Ali

Back