• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss DSM with fog

Michael1212

Has anyone used one of these cheap ultrasonic mist generators to dry start grow moss? I'm thinking about trying this out in a container using the moss yogurt blender method. I'm proposing to leave the container uncovered for good ventilation under high lights, but run the mist generator non stop with no additional water spraying.

1592719947646.png

It will depend on the size of the waiter container I put it in. I can refill it daily. I'm hoping that the additional ventilation will prevent mold issues, which I ran into the last time I tried this. My main concern is whether the fog produced by this will provide sufficient moisture to the moss.

... My main concern is whether the fog produced by this will provide sufficient moisture to the moss.

I am using a fogger on my open paludarium. It isn't sufficient to keep the moss damp. In terms of longevity the cheap ones (with a water level sensor) are a few pounds each so can be easily replaced. I wouldn't use one inside the container (for safety reasons) and would, recommend using one with an external reservoir. I can highly recommend the Habistat Fogger. I think, however, that it isn't necessary. This may be helpful:

Back