• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss going brown

navvmau

The new moss is going brown again. Any idea how can I reverse it? Another I tried to trim them, but it keep on getting brown and died.

I dose liquid macro and micro fert, so nutrition shouldn’t be problem here.. i think.

9b0bea818368a8e9b99e8ed4b7ca96cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moss sometimes seems very sensitive and it is, but actualy it is also pretty resilient, it might look brown and dead, but it isn't. It can revive or go green again at any time. How and why, remains a big mystery. Its a plant that likes to choose it's own ideal spot and thrive and then decides to move somewhere else. :) I have tanks that are years old and the moss in it is literaly wandering around in it. Growing at a certain spot, thriving like mad, suddenly dissapearing and growing again at an other spot at the oher side.

It makes no sense, it reacts to micro changes i guess.. Then trimming it aint a micro change, that's a massive change.. Moss thrives best if left to its own devices.

Thank you for your input. I always need to get a new bunch of moss. It thrives for a long while but always suddenly got brown and rotten. I’ll tru to trim them and perhaps throw some into other containers. :(

Moss sometimes seems very sensitive and it is, but actualy it is also pretty resilient, it might look brown and dead, but it isn't. It can revive or go green again at any time. How and why, remains a big mystery. Its a plant that likes to choose it's own ideal spot and thrive and then decides to move somewhere else. :) I have tanks that are years old and the moss in it is literaly wandering around in it. Growing at a certain spot, thriving like mad, suddenly dissapearing and growing again at an other spot at the oher side.

It makes no sense, it reacts to micro changes i guess.. Then trimming it aint a micro change, that's a massive change.. Moss thrives best if left to its own devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back