• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss mesh

planter

Hi all ,

Does anyone know if its safe to use Aluminium mesh in my tanks as I found some and thought it would be great for my moss's.

thanks

planter said:
Hi all ,

Does anyone know if its safe to use Aluminium mesh in my tanks as I found some and thought it would be great for my moss's.

thanks

thats a really interesting idea :) I wonder if this could be good for Riccia stones. Would save a whole lot of messing about wouldnt it?!

I cant think of any reason why you cant use it, its used in many many food processing systems for humans, so on that basis Id be fairly confident it wont leech anything.

I use aluminium mesh in my tank, they been in there for about a year without any problems, originally used them to create a riccia carpet in my tank, I now use them for a moss wall.
Have a look in my journal, first photo on page on shows you the riccia and then alonf the journal you can see the moss wall development.

After postying this question I went ahead and tied some flame moss to some aluminium mesh purchased from Halfords (used for car body repairs) ive seen no adverse effects. Only trouble is its so light so you will have to anchor it down.

The aluminium mesh is very pliable and a sheet of it could be shaped. Gives me some good ideas!!

On my shrimp tank I am going to use plastic mesh instead and see how that works, then I will replace my metal mesh with plastic in my main display, just because its easier to create, and I didn't have a lot of the metal mesh.

Back