• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss suggestion please

I think Fissidens is your best bet.. :) In non CO² tanks it stays a tad smaller/shorter and grows much slower. But give it time and it propagates and spreads nicely over the wood. Took me 2 years and i find it all over the tank growing on wood at places i didn't plant it. Tho i do not permanently use liquid carbon but i did for a while to get over a little algae issue. In my experience it has no problems with liquid carbon as long as you do not bombard it with spot treatment in case of algae.

I’d argue against fissindens, I find it very invasive but it will grow happily in the lowest of tech.

Worth looking at filo and willow moss. Both carpet well in my experience and cling to rock /wood

Sorry, I mean pilo moss

I can recommend Coral Moss, if you can find it. I bought some years ago and have it in my shrimp tank, very slow growing, doesnt go stringy. Mine gets daily ferts but no liquid or gaseous carbon added and its happy as Larry.

Phil.

Back