• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Most effective placement of intake and outlet

lil-lynx

Hello could anyone answer the title, I have a 100 liter tank with a tetratec 1200 with a small hydor powerhead.

Thanks

Its a mixed bag mate, everyone has success in different ways that suit their tank size, shape and equioment.
You should try to achieve a Circular motion around the whole tank without deadspots
It seems that a majority of really successful tanks use lily pipes, they arent just pretty as they create a nice even 'vortex' flow.
Some people swear by having spraybars along the length of the tank back pointing at the front glass... just be sure there arent any deadspots.

Ultimately it is trial and error with the equipment and tank you have.

Feeding your fish with mysis when the filters are on (should be off at feeding) is a good way to see where your flow is going.

Ah I see, Im going to try, both intake and outlet at the same end , with the intake in the far left corner of the tank ( If looking at it straight on) with the outlet closer to the front panel of glass, with a power head on the over side opposite the intake, Hows this sounds ?

lil-lynx said:
Ah I see, Im going to try, both intake and outlet at the same end , with the intake in the far left corner of the tank ( If looking at it straight on) with the outlet closer to the front panel of glass, with a power head on the over side opposite the intake, Hows this sounds ?

I personally like them both at the same end. Less obtrusive IMHO

Back