• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moving home with a fish tank...

Hi everyone,

Just got myself a new job and now I am forced to move home from Tewkesbury Gloucestershire to Southampton Hampshire. I'd like to know if there are companies that could move a 200l planted tank and everything that comes with it? And anyone has an idea of the cost?
Thanks

I have never heard of companies that offer to do this, why do you not want to move your tank yourself? I have moved house with tanks five times so far without any problems, two of the times were when moving country. The main cost is time on the day, but that's not a problem if you are well prepared and have packed everything else beforehand.

I’ve just done it recently, however it was only a local move. I found the largest plastic container I could find to match tank volume and transferred everything over to that about a week or so before, basically just ran it as I would my normal aquarium. This allowed me to break down the aquarium well before the move as you’ll have enough stuff going on. Then on the day all I had to do was drain water from the temporary ‘tank’ and load it into a vehicle.

cheers

There's a guy offering this in Bristol. Not sure on costs for that round trip though, as it won't come cheap.

Personally each time I have moved, pond, fresh and salted setups. I have the live stock in brewers barrels and used it as a good rescape opportunity.

Back