• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mr Amano's home tank!! (must see)

tko187

Hi thought i would share these pics with you guys, just shows the amount of work that went into this project, totally blew me away!! I have more if interested.

BIG driftwood!!

374523183_f68edb5a76.jpg

Adding some rocks

374531790_889b7add3b.jpg

looking good

374523185_196603c75b.jpg

Time for some plants

2000599265855717898_rs.jpg

And a couple of the finished masterpiece , ENJOY!!!

2000230992805423594_rs.jpg

374523179_44327951de.jpg

Hope you like!

aaronnorth said:
http://www.fishforums.net/content/Bettas/155875/The-Behemoth-Tank/
Cant see it i think you need to register, any where else i might be able to see this.

aaronnorth said:
I like it but i think i prefer the large tank Tom Barr did.

Really? I think for aqauscaping Amano's is in a different league to Tom's client (its not Tom who does the scaping). However, for sheer "Wow" factor and entertainment value the Behemoth tank is more fun (although Mr. Amano's is bigger!) Perhaps we should do a poll?

I think they are both inspiring in their own way :)

I have seen pics of that tank of Amanos before... although I would guess that the pics I saw were at least a year after set up. If I can find them again I'll post a link back here.

a1Matt said:
I think they are both inspiring in their own way :)

I have seen pics of that tank of Amanos before... although I would guess that the pics I saw were at least a year after set up. If I can find them again I'll post a link back here.

Latest ADA 2008 catalogue as an update in this tank, changed quite a bit since then and now houses some lovelu Altums ;)
I prefer the Amano tank, wish I could have something like that!!! :D :D

I actually prefer Amano's.

The fish aren't to my taste in 'Tom's'. I suspect Tom may agree to a degree. The client's choice, after all...

I am still hoping to feature 'The Behemoth' as a Great Planted Tank in PFK. Nudge nudge, Tom. :)

I've seen that tank before. The first time I saw it it just took my breath away. Its stunning not just for its obvious wow factor but for the way it is in keeping with japanese aesthetics. If you look at the room that it is in it is in keeping with it yet it is visually grabbing. If you look at the fourth and last photo, the tank mirrors the vista looking out into the garden providing that balance. What makes this tank so good is the use of subtlety, there is nothing individually attention seeking yet put it all together and pow!

More pics please!

Hi guys, i had a look at Tom Barrs tank also, very nice aswell but these are two very different styles and the two are very nice, but i dont think i can compare here are e few more pics for you anyway.

Emty Tank
2001111254234369848_rs.jpg

2001133185630444136_rs.jpg

2000719627896469824_rs.jpg

The outdoor garden

amanohomegardenvq4.jpg

amanohometank06ye3.jpg

amanohometankep4.jpg

p9120144ly4.jpg

p9124947ap7.jpg

takashiamanoshometank1pd6.jpg

aquao_2007.jpg

takashiamanoshometank3yr9.jpg

takashiamanotankkz5.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!

George Farmer said:
The fish aren't to my taste in 'Tom's'. I suspect Tom may agree to a degree. The client's choice, after all...

Two stunning tanks. I would say ´Tom´s client chose "goldfish type Discus". TA has altums the last time I saw it. Testimony to how important fish are to an aquascape.

Dave.

Amanos tank is stunning! How much would you love one of those in your lounge? I know i sure would, I'd never watch the tv again! Would look amazing with a big shoal of discus in there tho. I also like the fact that you can walk all the way around it!
Now all I need to do is win the lottery.....
JC :D

Thanks for sharing those pictures, some are even new to me. You will find details on filtration etc in the 2008 ADA catologe.
I prefure this to Tom Barrs.....its more natural and wild with subtle use of fish.
The guys in the picture eating around the table are from the Aquatic Gardening Assosiation.........Heads up guys, that will be UKaps in a few years from now! 8)

Ukaps Baby!

Back