• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Murdannia Keisak Struggling

jameson_uk

I added some MK to my Betta tank some time ago and it did OK but has consistently melted and I am now down to one stem.

The bottom of which is dying off
1f3e1adf995d4a1007f86a696df1a8ea.jpg

The top of the plant looks quite healthy so I guess it it is either flow or light. I have been thinking about changing the light anyway as the the one that came with the tank is pretty pants.

I don't really want to change the flow (the Betta seems quite happy with the current flow) but also don't want to get a stronger light if that isn't going to help the MK and just give me algae issues.

Hard to tell I know but do we think this is flow or light?

da65ac114cd16f048a810e6a4bdcb951.jpg

I added some MK to my Betta tank

From Aquasabi: Murdannia keisak Aquarium suitability: yes Usage: Semi-emersed plant for open tanks, Background, Mid ground Difficulty: medium, Growth: fast.

From this I would assume CO2 is needed. Always difficult to get good CO2 along the substrate especially when planted with tallish plants.

Often classified as easy. This drift in classification may reflect increase use of high tech systems with those who wish to grow plants.
When I tried this plant it kept rotting from the base in the gravel. Next time I will glue stems to a small pebble to get them started. Bought mine from eBay, low cost and very nice plants.

Last edited:
I had this is my tank in a back corner with really high light but poor flow and it did amazing but in the same way that Darrel described (ie it wanted to be above the waters surface) I think with its head in strong light it does best but only grow rampantly out of the water. I couldn't keep up with the trimming so I swapped it for something else.

04d6c2fe647a64a57371ebb4cf802854.jpg

Give your Murdannia keisak access to atmospheric CO2 and it’ll be fine. If kept underwater needs plenty of CO2 injection. In the picture you see a wabi kusa with Mk in the back.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Back