• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60p soft water

nice. but the Giant Syntho would be a bit big (width of crown) for your tank compared to Lago Grande or Macrocaulon? :)

2hr aquarist just released an article of B. Salzmannii, now I know there are 2 types, the green type that has a red/purplish tinge and the deep red/purple type. I think I'll start hunting for the deep red/purple type since it does not appear to require any special water parameters.... seems to cost like 16x more than the regular green ones though...

Last edited:
nice. but the Giant Syntho would be a bit big (width of crown) for your tank compared to Lago Grande or Macrocaulon? :)

2hr aquarist just released an article of B. Salzmannii, now I know there are 2 types, the green type that has a red/purplish tinge and the deep red/purple type. I think I'll start hunting for the deep red/purple type since it does not appear to require any special water parameters.... seems to cost like 16x more than the regular green ones though...
yes, i should've gone with macrocaulon. but i like the look, and if it becomes too big can always swap and sell.
yes, there are two types. i have the non-sg salz

EI dosing day 4. seems easy, just dose 2ml micro and macro everyday.
at the end of the week i dose
30ppm No3
20ppm K
3 ppm PO4
0.4ppm Fe
slight increase in algae, nothing too bad good maintenance and it should go away.

some plant pictures
./forum/attachments/img_9626-jpg.172973/?hash=011b6c185ca6bfab929efa791521c0fd
IMG_9629.JPG
IMG_9626.JPG
Rotala Rotundifolia and Ludwigia Palustris. Palustris really seems to like EI gets much bigger and redder. Rotundifolia is still a decent color. perhaps light stress.

centrolepis drummondiana or eriocaulon "blood vomit" before and after split
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
can't wait till i can get a full carpet.

nice. You switched from lily pipe to spraybar?
yes, a bit of issue with uneven flow and staghorn in carpet. will kill with h2o2 later and should be resolved.

IMG_2637.JPG

quinquangulare is growing well. good root growth. doesn't seem too difficult (yet)

IMG_2656.JPG

made the light crazy purple haha. just for fun. also noticed my first berried CRS! it's been two months and i was getting impatient.

Looking great. Plant health looks good now too. Is that Bacopa Caroliniana in the midground?

Looking great. Plant health looks good now too. Is that Bacopa Caroliniana in the midground?
Thanks, yes it is caroliniana and salzmannii US side by side

Your Eriocaulon Q is doing very well with nice thick leaves, and your Super Reds, the lower leaves all look healthy. I am having a problem with the lower leaves getting the bright green dust algae.

Your Eriocaulon Q is doing very well with nice thick leaves, and your Super Reds, the lower leaves all look healthy. I am having a problem with the lower leaves getting the bright green dust algae.
Gsa is usually from excess organics in my case, i vacuum out the substrate and clean the filter as regularly as possible.

IMG_7541.JPG
inspired from @erwin123 got some buce kedagang from a tropica tc. something new to cover in algae🤣 for only 9.99 the amount of plants you get is astonishing. look forward to the first set of converted leaves.
fts. rotundifolia and indica will probably next to go
IMG_7542.JPG

9 day progression on buce
Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 20.29.29.png
IMG_2772.jpg
also quinquangulare that was struggling with melt is putting out new leaves. not very concerned anymore.
Full Tank Shot. for good luck.
IMG_2769.JPG

Back