• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape My 1st iwagumish-I'm struggling-Please help.

pfeltes

Seedling
I have 2 large rocks that only one can be used as the main one and I don't know which one to choose. Please help me pick one. Also, I'm struggling with creating my scape, no matter what I do, it tends to look very "organized", I would like to have your advice.

My tank dimension is 90x30x30cm, I'm going to plant hairgrass, hydrocotyle tripartila, monte carlo.

It's my 1st post in the forum as well. Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 330
pfeltes

img_1039-jpg.jpg

This is looking great but I am positive you can improve on a few minor points.

My suggestion would be move the large rock a little to the left reason being it would place a focal point in the center of the rock.

This might mean move the large rock on its left, Rock (?1) then replace it with rock 2

Rock 1 I was thinking of placing it under the large rock to give you extra height.

If that looks OK then think about placing a smaller rock/s where rock 2 was.

plefte%20UK%203.19%20_edited-1.jpg

Keith:wave::wave:

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much for your replies.

@akwarium & @Kezzab: I prefer the 1st rock too, I wanna use it but it just looks so different from other rocks while the 2nd one is more matching. Is it a problem if the focal point is that different?
@Keith GH: I really appreciate you spending time to help me with the layout, I'm gonna do exactly what you say and see how it looks like.

Back