• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 260 l second attempt

On a little tangent, the shrimp in your avatar - do you keep blue tigers with orange eyes? what is the tds + gh of your water?

On a little tangent, the shrimp in your avatar - do you keep blue tigers with orange eyes? what is the tds + gh of your water?
Hi mate, no not mine :) maybe one day though;) they are great but I'm not ready to take on these beauties yet

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4

Looks like a good start. Can't beat cegs advice.

I remember my fluval tank...... Precious memories.. Late naughties

CjgF8bf.jpg

Wow:) I like the moody lighting, it will be great if I can look back on this in ten years time, I wonder what I'll think then if my first few forays0:)
You can understand the issues I've been having with this tank with flow and circulation with it being bowed fronted and reasonably deep, I still have some slight lack of flow on each side where the drop checkers are placed, if needs be ill get a couple more circulation pumps but will keep an eye on the plants for signs of poor flow before I go spending again:)

2usy8egu.jpg

Here's something I created as a practical barrier to limit the uprooting and burial of my stauro from the antics of my digging bristlenose:)
Mosses are fissidens and Xmas moss from sa80mark:)
I've kept the trimmed fissidens mesh in the tank so hopefully when this regrows I can add to what I've done.
Here's a full tank shot with it in situ outside the bristlenose cavern
je6a6a3e.jpg

And front view from where we sit
a7ejubuz.jpg

Looks great mate, once that Fissidens grows in your onto a winner, little bob looked like he had fun, my 4 year old daughter love helping with the water changes fingers crossed she will soon be wanting her own tank :)

cheers Mark, seems to have done the trick with the stauro still where it should be when I got home tonight and not floating around the tank:)
Yep Bob likes to help, why at that age do they have a fascination with all things water related? it's dangerous when he helps with the water changes, but I let him get stuck in as he's learning like me, he's playing the piano now doh!o_O

Lol they do all have a water fascination god knows why its great to see there little faces though :)

pysyma9y.jpg

yna2aran.jpg

Kids in bed, Mrs P at work so thought I'd play with my wood:eek:
The weeping moss was all over the place as I can't get it to adhere to the wood so I cleaned it up, snipped off the fishing line and glued some flame moss on instead that I've been farming on my kitchen windowsill:)
My nights work is done, and chilled too:)

Hi
What regulator are you using on your co2? Looking to replicate your co2 setup...

Hi mate, JBL m001 with m002 solenoid, it's rock solid:)
Had a few issues with easy Aqua regs but this is spot on can't fault it.
Co2 now as I wanted it using the German manifold, cleaned both UP inline atomisers and can easily adjust Gas flow evenly between the two, it's awesome, a huge 4 foot flow of cO2 evenly over the tank now,.I'll take a couple if snaps to post later mate;)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Not updated for a while so here's a few tank shots:)

Left side

a7aty3yg.jpg

Centre

yrazuze6.jpg

Right side

a6uvygep.jpg

Fts

junusupe.jpg

I'm really impressed with the manifold purchased to split the cO2, the two built in needle valves are excellent making adjustment to both inline atomisers a doddle:)

I could do with some plants towards the back and looking for some inspiration if anyone can offer some suggestions please
Thanks for looking
Clive and Fran

Well in the last three weeks we've had a couple of issues, mainly a large powercut giving rise to bba on the bogwood, stauro at the front and also on the aponogeton boivinianus at the rear, spot dosing liquid cO2 and extra water changes seems to have brought things back in toe, although there is still some stubborn bba remaining.
Also had a leak on one bubble counter, a 3 ml crack appeared on the thread which emptied a full 2 kg FE:-/
Replaced bubble counter and all seems good again:)
A couple of additions to the tank, Alternanthera Reineckli pink towards the left rear and a pair of kissing gourami for fran;)
My blyxa is growing mad and I should think about trimming it as its starting to hinder flow to the rear, am I correct in understanding that I should uproot the plant, cut the stem and replant the rooted part?
Anyway here's the latest shot of the tank.
Cheers Clive
6u8a4uje.jpg

Reactions: tim
I have a love / hate relationship with my 260. Its great having space and the wide views, but I hate the flaps/ lighting bar/ constantly wet clothes everytime something needs doing. And flow can be a git. No wonder everyone has these nice little trendy tanks for high tech.

Back