• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 370l planted tank

alzak

Hi is my first post in this part of forum hope You all like my tank
just one more time want to say Tank You StiveUK like You see all Your fish are fine
this is 5 weeks old set up I will post some pictures later on how is groving as for now is without CO2 as I wait for glass diffusors for now I use easy carbo and have unfortunately some algae problems(like most of as)

p1000518y.jpg

p1000518h.jpg

p1000519.jpg

p1000520t.jpg

Tank looks great, your going to be busy with those stems in few weeks, hope you like trimming, excellent effort :clap:

This will look cool when it starts to mature...how about a plant list and some tank info :D

Looks really healthy, excellent job!

How deep is the tank?

Andyh

tank dimensions are 120Lx50Dx70H

filtration tetratec ex1200 and rena xp3
substrate is polish made similar to ADA but much cheaper :crazy: will see how it works

plant list I will make some when I find some spare time as I have to find out all British names as I know most of them but in my language sorry for that

fish list

7 Harlequin Rasbora
6 Pentazona Barbs
approx 30 Ember tetra(maybe more)
7 Ottos
Group of pygmy corys (hastatus and pygmaeus and habrosus) about 14
Group of Rasbora Maculatus 10
Other Rasbora
Snake skin guppies
Siamese flying fox 11
Amano shrimps 11
Assassin snails 6

most of this fish are from StiveUK :thumbup:

for now I use EI but without CO2 like CO2 I use easycarbo but before and of this week I should get parcel with some diffusers

got some problem with algae :thumbdown: just when I sort this all out will upload some pictures

I really love the wood TGM are great with redmoor :clap:

want to buy some shrimps cherries or CRS but not sure if they do not finish like food for barbs...

This is my second tank after 15 years break with Your help I know more and more everyday :clap:

Hi

Tank holds 370l
As I reduce light tank do not look as good as on pictures but got no more problem with algae
In next few day all will be stripped down and moved to new optiwhite tank and I want to use slow growing plants just do not want to trim plants every weekend

Anyone got some idea how can I reuse my old substrate ? Just dry them? How about cleaning ? I know that is loads good things in it so do not really know what to do

Awesome looking tank I have been looking round for a few ideas on scaping my dull looking tank, I've got a few off yours.
I like what you've done with that large bit of root.

you said you had substrate similar to ada ? can you tell me how you are getting on with it and were you bought it.

Hi

I like the wood as well (hand picked from TGM)but I'm gona cut it for my next scape as is bit to big for what I want

Is not exactly similar to ADA is bit different cilour and shape but for me works well and is cheap
only problem is that You can not buy it in UK as is made by Polish company called Aqua art holds plants well and just look on grow efects in other tank I use Colombo substrate and is to light for me

Back