• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60cm with Canon 50D

I like that a lot George, very crisp, follows on from English Summer nicely in terms of your current style, I think you could frame them both and hang them next to one another. I also like to see the settings you used to take the photo - thank you. This is your Easy Carbo only scape, right? Makes me want to trade my CO2 regulator in for a dosing pump. I'm looking forward to the eventual unveiling of your discus tank more than ever...

Please tell me - whats the brown crypt back right - it looks like the one in my tank I that was labeled "Mi Oya" but everyone keeps telling me is not?

Ray said:
I'm looking forward to the eventual unveiling of your discus tank more than ever...

i've seen it ;) ooo baby!

IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO YOU MARK!.....

a perfectly scape 60cm?........i hardly noticed the tank, while i had me nose in NA book2 and a cup of tea at hand :lol:

gandmcopy.jpg

aaronnorth said:
scottturnbull said:
With the increased photographic clarity the 'scape will need to be immaculate also, more so than usual. That's why I use a 1 megapixel camcorder.

Seriously, though, the new camera does the 'scape justice. It has an unsentimental eye.

If anyone George is the man to keep it perfect!!
Thanks, Aaron.

Ray said:
I like that a lot George, very crisp, follows on from English Summer nicely in terms of your current style, I think you could frame them both and hang them next to one another. I also like to see the settings you used to take the photo - thank you. This is your Easy Carbo only scape, right? Makes me want to trade my CO2 regulator in for a dosing pump. I'm looking forward to the eventual unveiling of your discus tank more than ever...

Please tell me - whats the brown crypt back right - it looks like the one in my tank I that was labeled "Mi Oya" but everyone keeps telling me is not?
Thanks, Ray.

It was Easycarbo only but I suffered from a minor algae bloom, mainly staghorn. I put it down to lack of water changes and neglecting dosing. Basically I was lazy. Tut tut!

So I'm back onto CO2 injection and regular daily dosing of TPN+ and Easy-Life products.

Anyway, I like to turn things into positives so I've photographed the algae and will do my next PFK article on algae and its causes/remedies. :D

I think the crypt is 'Mi Oya', actually. I could be wrong though - it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last!

saintly said:
Ray said:
I'm looking forward to the eventual unveiling of your discus tank more than ever...

i've seen it ;) ooo baby!

IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO YOU MARK!.....

a perfectly scape 60cm?........i hardly noticed the tank, while i had me nose in NA book2 and a cup of tea at hand :lol:
Happy reading, Mark!

It was great to spend time with someone with such enthusiasm and talent for the hobby.

The thing that i loved the most about this tank, is the complexity of the planting scheme.you can see it in the images, but once in front of it, it becomes even more apparent.

truly a strong point with the scape.

the books George!...i'm reading already! :lol: you remember how i said wifey would roll eyes?... ;) so predictable :lol:

just to go back to your rena scape (makes everyone sick) amazing to see something of such grandeur in the flesh.

George Farmer said:
I have made a DIY light box but am too lazy to experiment with it until the final photo shoot.

Been there and got the T shirt. :lol: I found it a right PITA balancing the box on top of the tank, and I ended up chucking it when I moved in with Alison. Still, I reckon it will be worth the effort. The diffused light gives the look of the tank a whole new quality.

George Farmer said:
Anyway, I like to turn things into positives so I've photographed the algae and will do my next PFK article on algae and its causes/remedies. :D

I look forward to the ruckus this causes. :D Perhaps you could make it in to a blog. :twisted:

Dave.

George Farmer said:
When I figure out how to get a screen dump on the Mac I'll post a 100% crop so you can get an idea of noise, close-up.
Command-shift and 3 does a whole screen dump or command-shift and 4 allows you to selectively choose what you what to capture ;)
Loving the shot mate and loving the tank, you'd better watch that fancy new camera when the Scouser comes round ;) :lol:

Dan Crawford said:
George Farmer said:
When I figure out how to get a screen dump on the Mac I'll post a 100% crop so you can get an idea of noise, close-up.
Command-shift and 3 does a whole screen dump or command-shift and 4 allows you to selectively choose what you what to capture ;)
Loving the shot mate and loving the tank, you'd better watch that fancy new camera when the Scouser comes round ;) :lol:
Nice one dude!

The tanks going through some minor changes, as we speak.... Anyone got any spare HC and hairgrass?!

Back